Winter!

Ok, not really. But I have woken up to rain! Grey skies! It's 13C! And I was so cold when I woke this morning that I had to put my pyjamas, fleecy socks and the heating on. Can you imagine how thrilled I was?

Had a bit of a crap day yesterday all round. I woke up at around 2 am, Mr G was doing his usual gathering of pillows - he was going to sleep on the sofa. I tried to fall back to sleep but suddenly this wave of back pain hit me, the only thing I can liken it to is the back pain you get in labour. I turned this way, that way, threw my pillows out of the way and lay flat, lay on my front - nothing. Didn't want to go down for pain relief in case I woke him up, but I had to at around 4.30 am. Made a coffee, took some tablets and went back up to my room out of the way.

So, yesterday I couldn't be bothered. I couldn't be bothered with breakfast, or lunch or tea. Or snacking. Or syns. Or housework. Or going out food shopping in the 23C heat. Mr G made tea for us, he made his Tandoori Chicken burger with rice - didn't have potatoes nor fresh salad due to not going shopping.


Look at the size of that bugger. A brown Henllan roll - seriously the best rolls ever, mango chutney, cucumber, a full marinated chicken breast, topped with a homemade onion bhaji, homemade raita. We had an extra bhaji on the side for good measure. It was delicious. Tonight I have to make curry, which will be simple enough as I have base sauce in the freezer, just need to decide which to make. The base will make any tomato based Indian restaurant curry, tikka masala, bhuna, madras, vindaloo, jalfrezi, pathia etc. 

The youngest also has to make an apple crumble for his cookery class. He claims he doesn't like it, and won't be trying it. We love it and can't try it. So we will have to offload it onto my parents.

I've started having a go with my tarot cards, I've created a new blog for the readings, and really enjoyed doing them. I managed to do three yesterday, and will try and get a couple more done today after shopping. My Tarot de la Nuit deck is also on the way, it's been dispatched and will be here by the 13th June. From a UK company, which is a bit like... huh? What are they doing, walking here with it? So I hope that gets here sooner. If you would like to take a look at the blog, and show me some support there, I would appreciate it, and I'll be posting the link to it once I've uploaded all the readings. It is amazing though to see how the cards come out together and seemed to tie a reading up, and also the emotions I felt while doing them, particularly one of them. Something to keep myself amused during lockdown, anyway. 

We had scheduled in Thursday to go down to Church Island and work on our family graves, Mum said that I could do Martha's, my great grandmother, so I'm a little gutted to see this change in the weather. Although, there's no way I could have done anything during this really hot period. She also sent me another photograph the other day, of Martha and her mother Elizabeth, so my great, great grandmother and my great grandmother!


Make another coffee, write my shopping list and then off to Aldi we go. Hopefully the weather will keep most people at bay today.

Comments