Welcome Mercury Retrograde June

The day started off with good intentions. A midnight trip to bed, a slightly earlier than preferred wake up of 5.30 am - but I've had worse nights sleep of late. I lay there, and mentally prepared for the day ahead. Get up. Do the normal morning chores of putting out the recycling, washing the dishes that I couldn't be arsed doing last night. Fluffing up the cushions on the sofa. And then the next thing I knew it was 11.09 am, and Mr G sat on the side of the bed asking me 'What time do you call this?'. It's a good job we had nothing on today.

Had a beautiful sky last night, my son took this photograph out on the front.

 
But seemingly no shepherd's delight today, because it's chucked it down non stop since we woke.

Tea last night was a fry up, I forgot the egg, I mean, how do you forget the egg on a fry up? But I managed it, and by the time I realised, everything else was ready and there wasn't any room left on the plate.


Salmon for tea tonight, Mr G picked up a half side in Aldi yesterday because he spotted a recipe in the second Pinch of Nom cook book that he liked the look of. It has a mango salsa. So, the man who doesn't like salmon, and doesn't think fruit should be anywhere near a savoury meal, has chosen a salmon dish with fruit for his tea.

So, I figure I might as well write today off. I must have needed the sleep, we both must have, and why not take it while we can? How many times in our busy everyday lives do we feel like we could have slept in until gone 11, or wish that we didn't have to go out, or do this, or meet such a person. How many times do we feel that we need to slow down, but can't? Once life goes back to normal, I bet we look back wistfully and wish we could take an extended duvet day. Maybe not one three months long, but still. 

Mercury is retrograde now, the shadow phase over, and I swear, I can feel it already. My computer is slower, taking ages to load up folders, files, web pages. My browser isn't responding and I can't click on any tabs... which would be fine if I had seventy tabs open but I only have four... I'm typing and the words aren't coming up... Think I'm going to just post this before my computer gives up the ghost completely.

Comments