Cakes and Creme Eggs

How's your day going? I've eaten two Creme Eggs. I'm not passing judgement on whether that's a good or bad thing. It's neither and both simultaneously. I shouldn't have eaten them but I also bloody enjoyed them. There's so little joy in my world right now that I'm taking it where I can.

No, that's unfair, actually. There is much joy in my world right now. I have an amazing husband and relationship. My children have acted with such maturity and common sense during this pandemic. I am so proud of them. So, so proud of them. I have wonderful friends, despite my protestations that I hate people. I do on the whole hate people, but I also really like certain people, and those who I do really like are pretty bloody fabulous. A right mixed bag. I have my family, who are pretty normal all things considered. I just really like Creme Eggs.

Speaking of wonderful friends, look what my lovely friend L sent for us all today...



Oreo and Crunchie cupcakes. I shouldn't have eaten those either but they were bloody lush. They really were.

Speaking of The Boss, it's coming up to our 21st anniversary of getting together on the 25th of June. I'm trying to think of some way that we can celebrate this while under lockdown. It's not so easy right now, ordinarily we could have gone for a day out, had a meal out, had a mucky overnighter, or had friends over for a barbecue or a meal. 

I do spoil him, I'm the first to admit that. We have never spoiled our kids, there's nothing worse than a spoiled child. But all Mr G has to do is look at me and I crumble. I'm a sucker for a blue eyed boy, always have been. He is very materialistic. I am the opposite. He has a list of wants. I have a list of needs. I'm not even joking, he said the other day that he wanted a baby crocodile. I mean... what?? But I just love spoiling him. I love making him smile, and he really deserves it, so this year I am having to think outside of the box. 

He said the other day that he would kill for a Greenhalgh's meat and potato pie on a buttered barm cake. A friend of mine also sent me a link the other day, that Greenhalgh's are delivering to your door. To. Your. Bloody. Door. And so, I've just placed an order for some Greenhalgh's pies for him. And some fresh barm cakes. And a cream tea, because he loves scones. I've ordered them to be delivered on the 24th June to make sure that they're here in time for the 25th. So, seeing as we won't be able to have a meal out - we will have a meal in, instead. He is going to be so made up, I can't wait to see his face when the delivery shows up. He really will be like a kid in a candy shop. Or, a northerner in a pie shop :-) 

It would have been nice to have got away for a couple of nights together but that isn't going to be possible this year. Unless we pitch a tent in the back garden... which I'm not above doing, I love camping, but it's been bloody cold lately. Maybe we could have a night in the shedpub, pretend we're in a glamping pod... me, him, our pies, cream tea, bottle of wine, background music on low, game of darts or two. Not the most romantic of date nights, but God knows, I've had worse dates over the years... there was one with my friend's older brother. He had seen me in a local nightclub and asked her to fix him up with me. Showed up for the date... and during the date he told me that I wasn't the friend he had meant. Well, that was just bloody charming, wasn't it?  

He is also starting back in work tomorrow night, only two shifts for now because they're 12 hour shifts, but I think he needs it. He's very much a people person, not that he will be seeing many people, only one or two work colleagues, but he loves speaking to other people. As much as we love each other, spending 24/7 together isn't quite so fun when you're permanently accompanied by three children, can't go out, can't do anything, can't escape. So I get some time to myself from 7 pm in the evening for two whole nights. I'm thinking; a long hot bath, paint my toenails, switch the TV off at the plug, music on, Creme egg or two... sorted. 

Oh, we both had a loss at SW this week too, me 1.5 lb and Mr G lost 1 lb. Preparing for a gain this week (see above). 

Comments