TGIF

So, last night's tea went a bit pear shaped. I fell asleep. Again. I fell asleep, in my chair, despite sleeping until gone 11 am, and when I woke with a start and rushed to start on tea, Mr G decided that he didn't want salmon, he wanted chips and brown sauce. Not being one to argue with simplicity (the meal, not the husband, although...) I agreed. So, that's what we had. He had chips and brown sauce, I had chips and curry sauce. Had a bit of a rough night's sleep again, but woke up at a reasonable time, 7.30 am. Got up to watch the NRL games on Sky Sports, and managed to fall asleep again. I swear, there's something not right with me. Not right at all.


We had the salmon tonight, with jersey royal potatoes and salad. It was so delicious, it was actually nicer than I thought it was going to be? You know how sometimes you can look at a recipe and think 'Hmmm...' but in all fairness it was lush. This is the Tandoori Salmon with Mango Salsa from the second Pinch of Nom cookbook. The salsa was lovely too, I did add a chopped red chilli to mine as well, to give it a bit of a kick. And no devil herb (coriander).


Look how fresh and healthy that looks. Anyway. What else have we had today. Oh yes, lockdown easing in Wales...


Mr Drakeford said that also, the requirement to stay local was also being lifted immediately if there were compassionate grounds for doing so. Mr G said that we were going to Wrexham then, asap, on compassionate grounds. When I asked him what compassionate grounds we had for going there, he said, and I quote: 'there's two fish died waiting for us. We're going to a fishy funeral.' So yeah, he is prepared to drive a 141.8 mile round trip (I've just double checked on Google Maps...) for fish and chips, on compassionate grounds. I said 'How about we leave it until the 6th of July, just to be on the safe side, eh?'.

However, come tonight, apparently the schools won't be opening on Anglesey, due to the Covid-19 outbreak at the 2 Sisters factory in Llangefni, where 61 staff members have tested positive for the virus. I'm glad that the council are being sensible... but also a bit dejected that we seem to be taking another step back. It's probably the biggest hit we have taken on the island since this all started back in March. We seem to have been cut off from it, two new infections daily, three new infections daily, and it seems to have been manageable. We also shop in that area, the meat warehouse, Aldi and Lidl store we use are over the road from the factory. It's quite worrying. Just goes to show what can happen when too many people are put together prematurely. I won't be going to any non essential shops, anyway, not for a long, long time yet.

Just watched Norwich v Southampton, waiting for Spurs v United at 8.15. It's a weird affair, seeing the stadiums empty and the crowd noise is... I don't know. I don't know how I feel about it. It's ok while I'm not looking at the screen, but when I do it's odd. Eerie. But it's nice to see football back, even though a huge part of me was so hoping that the season would be declared null and void. I'm an evil United fan, what can I say...

Nevertheless, I'm thinking I can get some kind of acca on tomorrow... between the Premier League and the Championship games. Not as full a card as I would have liked, I usually like to trawl the lower leagues too, Vanarama, Isthmian, Northern Premier and the likes for an over 3.5 goals acca. But, beggars can't be chosers, and it's one little thing that I liked to do, have a flutter on the football on a Saturday. So, even if life isn't really going back to normal... these little things make me feel a little like it is :-)


Mercury retrograde June 2020: Day 1 - The story so far...
Computers mullered: 0
Ex boyfriends contacted me: 0
Phone charging wires destroyed: 2

Two gave up the ghost, in the space of an hour. So, on the whole, not too bad a day :-)


Comments