Monday's Musings

Happy Monday everyone, hope you're all having as exciting a day as I've had? Get this, I went shopping today, without a coffee in me, and without a shopping list. That was risky, especially uncaffeinated, and also very unlike me, because I like to have a plan, a list or an itinerary in everything I do. God knows what we're going to be eating this week, I was just throwing all manner into the trolley.

I hadn't planned on shopping today, however, with Mr G working tonight and tomorrow, plus our pie delivery coming on Wednesday (*gasp* pie delivery!), our anniversary on Thursday... plus with what's going on now on Anglesey? I just had visions of the panic buying nonsense of three months ago happening again.  

We went to Llangefni, and it was dead there. I've never seen it so quiet, whether 2 Sisters has made people there think twice about coming out? Aldi's shelves were full, and full of reduced produce too. I've never seen that there before. Sure, the occasional battered punnet of strawberries reduced, but there was joints of meat, fish, all manner. 

So, it feels really weird right now. Watching the rest of the UK moving forward almost at breakneck speed compared to us - an announcement expected about pubs opening tomorrow - yet, I still can't go and have a coffee in my Mum and Dad's house? Watching the rest of Wales opening up super slowly. And here we are with an outbreak of 175 cases in one space and wondering what the hell to do now. Media reports seem to be conflicted about the possibility of a localised lockdown. It's been enough to put a stop to the schools opening next week. My youngest had been scheduled five days in school for the next four weeks, which wasn't a lot anyway, but he was looking forward to seeing some of his friends.

Just waiting, waiting, waiting...


Lamb and mint burger tonight for tea, Mr G's request. I could really do with Slimming World opening back up right about now because I am being a grade A shit. Old habits die hard.

Looks like the weather is picking up this week, anyway, some high temperatures predicted. Would have been ideal weather to have had a party this weekend with our friends and family :-( My daughter turns eighteen too in about seven weeks time and I really feel for her, what an absolute anticlimax. She wanted to take her father out and buy him a pint. There will be no party with her friends. I probably can't even have a party at home for her. Can't take her out for a meal. It's a bloody shame. We'll still make the day as special as we can for her. My second adult child, God almighty. Put it this way, in four years time, I will have four adult children. And that daft bugger wants me to start all over again? Can I get a hell to the no? 

What can we do but keep on keeping on, eh? Everything happens in divine timing, as they say.

*Update* - the daughter has just informed me that she wants to spend her lockdown 18th birthday 'getting shitfaced, so shitfaced that I forget everything about myself, including my own name; so shitfaced that I have to spend the entirety of the next day, trying to piece together my identity and remembering who I am.'

Ok.


Comments