Muggy

Sheesh it's warm. There's still a weather warning locally for thunderstorms, and it wouldn't surprise me in the least, it's so muggy.

We went to do our food shopping this morning, we went really early after Mr G finished work this morning. I have finally bitten the bullet and bought some face masks - I have this thing, I don't like anything/anyone touching my ears. My nickname is Warren, like the brother from There's Something About Mary. It was a challenge wearing the mask, trust me, not only because of the ear thing, but also because I couldn't see a thing due to my specs misting up.

Absolutely famished by the time we had kept the shopping, so I made us both a lush roll for lunch, Bacon, Lettuce, Avocado and Tomato. Absolute stunner of a bap, it was.


Mr G had a little potter in the garden before he went up for a couple of hours sleep, potting on some basil, mint and parsley and transferring our tomato plants into larger tubs. I can't wait for homegrown tomatoes, I love a homegrown tomato sandwich, sprinkle of sea salt.


My new lockdown hobby, taking selfies with Mr G. The faces he pulls at me crack me up. I don't know what he was looking at there, probably all my grey hairs.

Currently waiting on communication from the secondary school as to what is happening re school going back. My son is in and out like a yoyo asking me if I've heard anything yet. At first, when we heard that school was going back, we said that he wouldn't be going. However, he wants to go in. He misses his friends. We can't stay locked away forever, things are opening up around us, bit by bit. I do still fear a second wave coming but it will never be triggered while we're locked away. It's a vicious circle.

Meal plan for the rest of the week...

Wednesday: Slimming World Fry up
Thursday: Tandoori Salmon with Mango Salsa (Mr G's choice - heavens above!)
Friday: Pulled Pork
Saturday: Madras Spiced Chicken thighs, homemade potato salad and salad
Sunday: Fish, chips and mushy peas
Monday: Crying Tiger Beef with rice and salad
Tuesday: Chicken Shawarma, salad and wraps

I managed to buy Mr G something for Father's Day, and his box of Maltesers. Also decided that I'm going to make a Maltesers Cheesecake for his special dessert. Spot on :-)

Onwards!

Comments