Reset - Restart

One pound on at Slimming World this week, and this morning I figured, it's a Monday, it's the first of the month - it was a Monday and the first of the month when we started at SW last year, and I decided enough. Enough messing around, eating rubbish, snacking. Enough is enough or I'm going to undo all my good work. So, I'm feeling really positive, and I'm back on plan now.

We went down to see my parents for an hour before lunch, they had set out a separate table and chairs for us across the garden. A much more pleasant day than the last few, sunny, warm but a nice breeze too. I tried to get a socially distanced selfie but couldn't fit my massive head in, so I got my parents and one of my eyes. It was great to see them.


Breakfast and lunch were spot on today, fat free Greek and berries and I made a leek and bacon risotto for lunch, and I filled half the plate with salad too. That's something that has fallen along the wayside recently, the speed with every meal.


The past seems to be on everyone's mind right now, which isn't surprising seeing as Venus is retrograde until the 25th June, and Mercury is in retro shadow mode from tomorrow. Both can bring ex lovers back, specifically if there is unfinished business between you, a chance to finally put things to bed or make amends. Strong relationships can emerge even stronger, or if you should have broken up a long time ago, Venus retrograde may be the final nail in the coffin - especially if you're quarantining with someone you can't bear to be around. Mercury retrograde is a good time to revisit the past - review, renew, reunite, redefine, reconsider, rework, rekindle, repeat, redecorate, reconcile - literally anything re. It's not a good time to start something new, a new relationship, but it's ok to reconcile with someone you have previous with. Don't sign any legally binding contracts. For the love of God don't buy a computer or a phone, back up all your electronics, famously I usually lose a computer during Mercury retrograde, and my poor son lost all his photographs from his phone yesterday, including all the ones he took at Old Trafford last year. Someone didn't have Google photos set to back up all his photos...

So it's no surprise that during the last few weeks Mum and Dad have been doing the family tree, and they have also been clearing old family graves on Church Island. This is something that Steve has been saying for a long while, about doing my great grandmother's grave; buy a few bags of stones and dig up all the moss. I always go to visit her grave when we go down to the prom, all of her own children have now passed on. There are three graves that need to be done there, so Steve and I have said that we will help out with the practical work and contribute financially as well. I saw a photograph of her for the first time the other night.


Here she is, Martha Jones. So, hopefully we will get some work done on her grave soon, although looking at the weather report, it's promising rain for the next forty days and nights. Well, at least until the 15th of June.

Tonight's tea was salmon - I made the Asian salmon recipe that I did the other week from Damn Delicious (recipe here) with some Jersey royals and garden peas. Mr G is a definite salmon convert now.

Meal plan for the rest of this week...

Tuesday: Tandoori Chicken burger, Slimming World chips and salad
Wednesday: Chicken Curry and basmati rice
Thursday: Pasta Bake and salad
Friday: Pulled Pork, homemade coleslaw and salad
Saturday: Chicken Shawarma and avocado salad
Sunday: Haddock, Slimming World chips and mushy peas

Comments