Mood...

I can't win today, and I'm in no better a mood than I was yesterday, to be perfectly honest, worse if anything. I've been frozen solid for the last two days, and so I decided to make a huge lobscouse for tea tonight. Two slow cookers full. Defrosted some stewing beef overnight. And I had a full blown sweat on in the kitchen cooking it, because it was bloody roasting. So I decided to keep that for tomorrow and have one final blow out tonight because the scales are not going to be kind regardless tomorrow morning. It wasn't lobscouse weather any more, it was barbecue weather. So, I took some mince out of the freezer and made up some homemade beefburgers, put new oil in the fryer, peeled some Maris Pipers for some lovely homemade chips. Fried onions, ketchup, gherkins... and then the heavens opened. I'm frozen again. I cannot win. 



Managed to cross everything off my to-do list today - a first, including cleaning the bathroom (ugh), cleaning the fryer (double ugh) and cleaning out one of my kitchen cupboards where I found my ice cream maker! I've only ever used it once before and I am tempted. I shouldn't be, but I am tempted. I'm tempted and I'm seriously bored. I'm also craving coffee ice cream. Nigella has a really simple no churn version that I might have a crack at later this week. 

Listening to my tarot readings for the month ahead, and my Pisces, Cancer or Scorpio soulmate ex who was going to materialise in the month of May to speak their truth seems to have given way to me getting pregnant in June. The thing is, Mr G has been joking about it recently, referring to himself as Des (O'Connor - who had his last kid at the age of 72). I swear, knowing my luck, this is the one prediction that will come true. Devil Dick can go on the sofa until July, seeing as he got me pregnant three times in under four years. That's the last thing I need to be, perimenopausal and pregnant? Can you imagine the hormonal nightmare I would be? Nope. No thanks. No, nay, never... no more. 

Comments