Summer!

Look what I've made... drool. Maltesers Cheesecake for Mr G for tomorrow as a Father's Day treat.


I cannot remember the last time I made a cheesecake, I'm sure it was a good two, three years ago now. I remember my eldest's friend coming over in the summer and he had a slice and he said it was like a really fancy one from Waitrose, which made me giggle.

We had pulled pork for tea tonight, something quick and easy because I'm still not feeling 100%. Cooked it low and slow all day in the oven.


Had a bit of a late night last night, Mr G and I watched a film that we hadn't seen before on Amazon, Ride Along with Kevin Hart and Ice Cube. Really needed a good belly laugh and it didn't disappoint. Also see that Vacation is on there again, the updated National Lampoon movie. We do actually have this on DVD, we found it so funny that we bought it, but I wouldn't mind watching that again while it's easy to access.

So, I went up to bed about 1 am. I saw 2 am. 3 am. Really restless where I just couldn't catch my sleep at all and it was warm as well. I think I finally woke up about 7, and yes - true to form - by 11 am I was asleep in my chair. And again at 6 pm. My NHS friend thinks I should get tested for Covid-19, some of her colleagues have contracted the virus and have only had very mild symptoms, tiredness, lethargy. I looked on the Welsh Government website though, and unless I have one of the three main symptoms (cough, temperature and loss of smell/taste) I can't request a test. I think that's a little daft. Surely, it's the ones wandering around feeling a little off colour but generally ok, that are going to be the most problematic? If I had a hacking cough or a temperature, I'd stay at home - I only go out shopping once a week anyway, but I'd stay home, right?

Mr G is also a little off colour too, I hope he feels a bit better by tomorrow so he gets to enjoy his special day. I also hope that I do, because I'm the one that has to do all the spoiling!

Today's Mercury retro f**kery...


I have no adblocker...


Comments