Feeling better

My mood has improved. I told Mr G that when it was safer to do so, I thought I should go to the GP and see if I can have my hormone levels checked. He, very deadpan, told me that I didn't need no GP to do that, he could bloody tell me my when my hormone levels were out of whack. God love him, he has got the patience of a bloody saint with me. I am hard work. Very hard work at times. But I'm a good cook, so... swings and roundabouts, isn't it?

I hate other days, mornings and people equally

It's Father's Day this Sunday, and I can't spoil him the way that I'd like to, the way that he deserves to be spoiled. He is a bloody amazing father, like he is an amazing husband. We couldn't ask for more, I couldn't have asked for better as a partner or father of my children. And as we come up to another milestone next week, 21 years together, I should know by now that when I'm feeling meh, that I can always lean into him, because he will always cheer me up. Like when he video calls me and spends time either staring at me or pulling faces at me instead of talking to me, because Boomer doesn't quite realise that a video call works exactly like a normal phone call. When he does things like this...


Fruitcake. We'd ruin another couple. So, I'm trying to think of ways that I can make his lockdown Father's Day extra special for him, and it's tough. Really tough. The way to his heart is through his stomach, but I've already ordered us half a stone worth of pastries, bread and cream teas from Greenhalgh's to be delivered in time for our anniversary. It's going to take something really special to top that.

He said that he wants fish, chips and mushy peas for his meal, with bread and butter. I might make something nice for dessert for him, a proper dessert like I used to make pre Slimming World. He really enjoyed the apple crumble that Adam made last week, or maybe I'll make a cheesecake. I haven't made one of those for ages. As for a gift, I don't know how I top being married to me, plus, everything he wants he gets straight away. He's easy to buy for when he has a list of wants, but impossible when he doesn't. I'll have to sleep on this tonight, and make a more concrete plan tomorrow.


Comments