Thunder

Less angry today but still not right. I had a good night's sleep last night, woke up at 7 am. Did all my housework. Slept for an hour at noon. Slept for another hour at four. I swear there's something going wrong with me at the moment. The last time I remember being this angry, for no reason, was when I was a teenager and I suffered horrendous mood swings. PMT, in a word. That seemed to even itself out over the years, sure, I still get a little cranky and ratty but nothing like this irrational anger. Oh, there was a time in my mid twenties that I went homicidal on a certain brand of contraceptive pill. That was fun, too.

I really don't fancy darkening my GP surgery over something so trivial, and yes, I know it's not trivial, but mid pandemic, anything short of a limb hanging off or bleeding from my eyeballs is, in my book.

So, I go to Google. Good old Google, where would we be without it? Perimenopause mood swings. Is this a thing?

Is it!

I'm actually smirking here because underneath it says 'People also ask: Can perimenopause make you feel crazy?' (or in my case, crazier...) with a link to an article entitled Perimenopause Rage. 

Great. Just effing GREAT. Even contemplating letting Mr G have his wicked way with me. I'm trying to remember if I was this much of a fruitcake with pregnancy hormones coursing through my body, and which was the lesser of the two evils... 



Had my lobscouse for tea, and it went down a treat too, been a bit of a weird day today, thunder, heavy downpours, sun, even some hail thrown in for good measure. Literally four seasons in one day. Even though the temperature has been decent, I've been frozen all day. 

Fat free Greek, berries and Sweet Freedom syrup for breakfast, Mr G made a mushroom and leek risotto for lunch and I've had my 15 syns for the day. So unless things go completely tits up between now and bedtime, I've got one good day under my belt, at least. We had a weight gain this week, no surprise, seeing as I've been eating crisps like they're kale, Mr G gained 2 lb, I gained 3.5 lb. I was expecting it, I earned it, I'll take it. It was worth it for the Wrexham Lager alone. 

Mr G is back in work tomorrow for his two shifts. Because God knows if I don't need the break, he certainly deserves it after spending the last few days with this cranky cow :-( Sometimes I don't know how he puts up with me. 

Comments