Slow Saturday

We had such a laugh last night at the Zoom party, it was lovely to see all those faces again, there were many, many more of course, who weren't there. It was so funny, I was crying in parts. But there's optimism that we could all be together again very soon, at some point between May and July. The ground where we play, Queensway, it would be so easy to socially distance there. It's all open air, it's a rugby pitch in the middle of an athletics track. Quite a lot of fans stand at the barriers around the track, I personally prefer that to sitting in the stands. Even when it's raining. 

A friend said that we would have to have one wild night in The Turf when the season starts. This would be handy for us, right over the road to the hotel. We usually go straight home after the matches, unless it's an away match, or the last match of the season, where Mum babysits and we get a hotel overnight. But I have a feeling that everyone is going to be making up for lost time now, not taking anything for granted ever again. Our fan base is already going to be one very big personality down, beautiful Kathy taken from us far too soon. 

My new washing machine has arrived, and at the risk of sounding like a complete and utter weirdo, it's sexy. It's black, sleek, shiny and most impressively, has the option of a 14 minute quick wash. I could marry it for that alone. 

Had another shocking day food wise. There was no hope of me sticking to plan when I was hungover. Keep on keeping on, back on it Monday. Mr G was meant to be cooking me the roast dinner that he'd requested, but I have just been craving pasta bake, and if I'm being a sod for the rest of the weekend, then it means extra cheese and extra garlic bread. It is Mother's Day, after all, and I don't ask for much. So, tomorrow it's Dirty Macaroni and cheesy garlic bread. 

We went for a little walk this morning, which was really welcome, but we had to cut it quite short. Mr G still isn't 100% after the vaccine. In bed last night, he was as cold as ice, I've never known him so cold, even when the weather was below freezing a few weeks ago. He has a terrible backache too, and he doesn't usually suffer with his back. 

The tide was really high this morning.


I also completed the March challenge that I had set for myself on Strava, to walk 50 kilometres in March. Smashed that, obviously, it wasn't so difficult to do, so I've added myself to a new challenge to walk 100 kilometres.


Comments