Rainy Day

Today vanished into thin air. Up at 7 o clock, making Mr G's favourite Better than Heinz vegetable soup. To be fair, it does taste an awful lot like a tinned vegetable soup, and the bonus is that I know exactly what has gone into it. And it's syn free. Whether it's better or not is up to individual taste, I guess. 

Stood in the kitchen, I pointed at the huge vat of soup. 

Me: Love. That's what that is. Stood peeling vegetables at seven in the morning while you were asleep.

Mr G: I know. I do appreciate you, you know? 

Me: Do you?

Mr G: Yes. How could I ever cheat on you?

Me: You must be kidding. No other f***er would have you.

Mr G: What? Why? I'm not hard work, am I?

Me: ... er, yes?

I did all my ironing pile, I say pile, I needed a Sherpa and crampons to tackle that bugger. Triggered off a sciatica attack by being stood in one place for hours. Ran myself a (equally as painful) hot bath, with some lavender Epsom salts and had a soak. Didn't help a jot. 

Random moment of the day. Being invited to a Zoom meeting. By post. By Jehovah's Witnesses. They sent me an invitation, to a Zoom meeting, via Royal Mail. My face... it was a picture. That's a no from me, petal. It's still a no from me. Still, it shows initiative, I guess, that even a pandemic won't stop them from mithering people in their own homes. Fair play.

Tea was Chicken Shawarma with salad and tortilla wrap. If the way to a man's heart is through his stomach, then I've excelled myself today with his favourite soup and his favourite chicken ;-) At this point in time I think I could rotate the shawarma and bolognese pasta bake every other day and he wouldn't complain.

Naturally we didn't get out today, it poured down with rain all day. Once upon a time I would have said it was a beautiful day, and relished being in with the fire on, the room lit by lamplight, rain lashing against the window, snuggled up in my cuddle chair with a book... but. I just wanted to get out walking. I managed to get my steps in anyway between the housework and a good hour on the treadmill while the chicken cooked in the oven. I yelped a lot as I did it. 

Mr G has his vaccination early tomorrow morning. Weather is promising rainy and windy again, in fact, there's rain promised until next Tuesday, according to the weather app on my phone. I won't use rainy as an excuse not to walk, but I have to draw the line at severe gales. Plus I'll want to keep an eye on the boss after his jab, so tomorrow will be another treadmill day. Tomorrow I will take a bit of a day off, I might actually sit down and read while it storms outside. He has requested that I make a homemade rice pudding in the slow cooker, so I will set that up ready before we leave for the surgery, and put it on when we get home. It's not something I can just leave while we're out because it needs stirring now and again or the rice sticks to the bottom of the pot. We will have a bowl of soup and a bowl of rice pudding for lunch, and then tea is going to be very simple - hot dogs, chips and baked beans all around. Sorted.

Comments