Proper rugby

Yesterday was a complete washout. I was wiped out. I made a salad for tea and even making that was a chore. So, I decided that we would have a really early walk this morning, get it over and done with. I even did it without a coffee, because my bladder. 


We had a nice walk, which came in just a minute short of two hours, with a walking time of about an hour and a half. Mr G found six rocks, someone had come over from Bangor with a load of Bangor Kindness rocks. They were really beautifully decorated too. So we rehid those along our route for someone else to find today. I also caught a shiny Eevee, so Mr G is becoming a bit of a lucky talisman for me, that's three shinies in the last four walks. We definitely get more walking done with these earlier walks, though. We only had one short sit down, and a quick chat with a friend. 

Made a nice bacon and mushroom toastie each for us when we were in, and then I filled in our census form. Settled down now watching West Wales Raiders and Widnes Vikings' Challenge Cup Match. Posted very controversially on Facebook that I was watching proper rugby, in the hope of riling some of those who were crying last night, but sadly nobody has bitten yet. I tried to watch the Wales France game last night but I was so unenthralled by it, that in the absence of any ironing to do, I went to bed instead. I can't think of anything more boring than rugby union. I think I'd even prefer to watch golf. I should be a neutral in this game, because there's a Welsh team (but they are our league rivals...) and Widnes, who have one of our old players, Kenny Baker. I still have about seventy photographs of me and Kenny on my phone from the last Crusaders awards night. 


I really hope he does well there, he is one bloody cracking player. I had a shout on on telly too, my tweet was read out by the commentary team!



Got Featherstone v Bradford after this, then Leicester v United in the FA Cup, so that's our afternoon sorted! 

Made a small dent in our 100 km challenge on Strava, got another 29 km to go, will have to try and get that covered, or as close as before Thursday. 


So, today's desperate pleasures come from a nice long walk with the man I love, bacon toasties and snuggled up watching sport on a Sunday afternoon. Hopefully it won't be too long before we will be stood in Queensway watching our own team playing on a Sunday afternoon. 

Comments