A whole year...

 ... of this particular bullshit. Wow. I don't think we ever thought that we would still be here a year later, did we? 

Tried a new recipe yesterday, Two Chubby Cubs Cheesy Gnocchi. First time either of us had tried gnocchi.

It was ok. We loved the cheesy gnocchi part of it, and would definitely have that again. Me personally, not so keen on the layer underneath. It was mince and veggies with a sauce made of cream cheese, mustard and Worcestershire sauce (although I used Henderson's Relish). I've only recently started eating cream cheese in savoury recipes and although I can eat it, I have to use much less than the recipe calls for, and I must admit I'm not a huge fan. We thought that it would be a nice alternative to pasta on the bolognese bake, though. Or it would go perfectly with some sort of chicken and chorizo filling. 

Cheesecake however, is a different matter. I have no issue whatsoever eating cream cheese in cheesecake. I think I might have to make an Easter cheesecake. Round off our Easter lunch in style. Not sure what I will do yet, I'm leaning towards lamb, we don't have it often. I think Mr G wants beef. We'll see what's on offer and what looks good. Maybe a compromise and buy both, because a roast dinner is a good meal to have on Slimming World. The problem I have, is that once I've cooked a roast dinner, I rarely want to eat it. Isn't that weird? It's the only meal that affects me like that.

We had a nice walk yesterday, just the usual route. No rocks and no shinies, so it was a bit of a bust. Added to my 100 kilometres tally, though.


Need to average at least 3 kilometres a day to get this done by the end of March. Mr G needs slightly more, and I'm not sure how either. Despite our walks being almost identical, give or take a few steps, I always pull in a longer distance than he does on Strava. So, someone's GPS is off kilter. 

Mr G did a little exploring yesterday, he went 'over the wall' on Church Island, to get a few pictures of the bridge from a different angle. 



Speaking of the bridge, it's being lit up in yellow tonight to mark the year anniversary of lockdown and in remembrance of those who have lost their lives, so we might take a stroll down there to get some nice photographs once it goes dark. In addition to a minute's silence at noon today, we are being encouraged to stand on our doorsteps at 8 pm tonight with phones, candles or torches to signify a 'beacon of remembrance'. I will light a candle for Kathy and Andy tonight. 

Unsure if we will get out too far today, I do need to go to the post office and get some fresh bread and milk - we have to provide packed lunches for the children now they're back in school. But I've also been up since 4.30 am when a certain husband disturbed me getting out of bed with his pillow in search of his trusty sofa and pain relief. I made us both a coffee and figured I might as well stay up. We do hope to get to Treborth tomorrow, we both really enjoyed that walk the other week. Take a healthy packed lunch with us again and do some more exploring. So it might be an idea to take it slightly easier today, especially him. 

Comments