Exhausted

On Saturday I went off on my Pokemon hunt, fuelled by a good breakfast beforehand. Wasn't very successful, hardly anyone else out there, but it got my steps in for the day.

I broke my 4 am wake up streak by sleeping from 9.15 pm on Saturday night to being woken up at 9.30 am on Sunday morning. Completely useless then all day, you know how you feel when you've had a sleep in the day? So, needless to say I didn't get too many steps in yesterday. I took a rest day, and had little choice in the matter because my head was fuzzy and my body refused to move. Mr G had spent the night on the sofa again, he is really suffering right now with his pain management. But still, I had a good amount of steps in for the week, slightly better than last week. Nearly 92,000 and over 36 miles. That'll do me. 


A pound on this week, which I'm not too concerned about to be honest, for the simple reason that I'm fitting into clothes that didn't fit me a week and two weeks ago. My winter coat fits me again. So even though the scales aren't going in the direction that I'd like them to, I'm obviously losing inches instead, so the walking is doing the trick. Mr G also put a pound on, he was a bit demoralised, but our consultant explained that when you start exercising, and sticking to it as we have done, it takes a few weeks for everything to sync properly, the plan and the weight loss, coupled with the exercise. I can see a huge change in his body shape too, but he can't see it. 

And so, after group, we went out and had a big walk. We did our usual... but! We added extra to it today. We took the cemetery path down, and walked around the cemetery, visited my Nain and Taid's grave. Walked around the prom and Church Island, then went to Cadnant, and then we walked up Cichle Hill to the top before returning home on around 12,000 steps.


Step count for the day, now that I've settled down isn't too bad for a Monday, either.


Tea was the lush bolognese pasta bake, which we are a little obsessed with right now. Leftovers for lunch tomorrow after we've been out and about.


We need to go and do our weekly shop tomorrow too, what with Mr G having his vaccination on Thursday, I'm a little concerned that he may end up feeling under the weather after it. So I thought better safe than sorry, get it done and out of the way, and then if the flu-ish symptoms do hit him, he can just lie on the sofa, dosed up with paracetamol, and not have to worry about going out anywhere.

So, meal plan for this week, not very original, a little samey, but sometimes you just need simplicity.

Tuesday
Lunch - Leftover Pasta Bake and side salad
Tea - Bacon Chop, egg, baked beans, mushrooms, new potatoes

Wednesday
Lunch - King Prawn Cocktail Jacket Potato and salad
Tea - Chicken Shawarma, salad, tortilla wrap

Thursday
Lunch - Almond milk rice pudding sweetened with Sweet Freedom Syrup
Tea - Hot dogs, fried onions, homemade SW chips and baked beans 

Friday
Lunch - Omelette 
Tea - A Chicken's Vindaloo, rice and pitta bread

Saturday
Brunch - Baked Breakfast 
Tea - Dirty Macaroni and salad

Sunday
Lunch - Roast Pork dinner

I had an email from the school, my Year 12 son is back in next Monday, and my Year 10 son is back in the following Monday, so it looks like very slow steps back to some sort of normality. 

Comments