Spoiled Rotten...

I am absolutely overwhelmed by the kindness of all my family and friends, for their cards, good wishes and amazing gifts that I've received today.  The day started off when Mr G woke me up before five, wished me a Happy Birthday and then told me that his 'mouth was as dry as Ghandi's flip flop'... (?) so I offered to go get him a drink.  He followed me down, so it looked like we were awake.  He and the children had decorated the room last night when I'd gone up to bed early.


When the children finally woke up I opened my cards and gifts that I'd amassed already.  I had money and one of my favourite perfumes from them.  When I came down from my shower, I opened the blinds in the hallway to see that my Mum and charming cousin (Netty!) had postered my house.  My car.  Oh, and every lamppost and bus stop from here back down to their street?   

Ding Dong!  The Witch is... 40?

When the children were off to school, I needed to go into town but Mr G was trying to head me off at the pass... and a little later, two massive - and I mean massive - bouquets of flowers were delivered.  One from him and the children, and the other from my sister in law and brother in law.  Mr G looked absolutely shocked at the size of them.  Not as shocked as he was later when he realised we had literally nowhere to put them!

Flowers from my sister in law

Flowers from Mr G

I had a lovely card in the post from my lovely friend Lisa and her crew.  Then Mum and Dad and my brother came up with my gifts, I had money and a lovely gift hamper full of all manner of stuff from them, chocolates, candles, a scarf, a new purse, make up, nail varnish... it was crammed full.  And they had bought me a birthday cake :-)

Birthday cake

Hamper of goodies

Then my poster-bombing cousin Netty came up laden with lovely goodies for me, including Prosecco, Yankee candles and a really thoughtful gift of a jar that she had 'blinged' up and filled with all the sweets that she remembered that I liked from years back when we worked in my Mum's shop.  Choc nibbles!  Which apparently, nearly didn't make it into the jar, and chocolate raisins, which is a story for another day.  Rhiannon... I had a lovely charm bracelet with a 40 on it from my lovely little nieces too.

Then my friend Denise and Beth came up and I had more money and a smashing blingy necklace from Beth, who every birthday without fail manages to get me something amazing in the costume jewellery department, because she knows I have no time for real stuff (I know, right?  I'm a cheap date, what can I say).

Mr G picked Dan up from his halls, and Dan had bought me a new Maneki Neko for my collection.  Mr G set about putting my bouquets into vases...

Beautiful


No end to this man's talents


A quick tidy up and shoving the children in the shower and then it was time to go out for a family meal, my lot, my parents and my brother.  We went up to the Four Crosses and I had cod, chips and mushy peas (I know, I know, but I had been adventurous last weekend...).  Came home to find my friend H had delivered me a beautiful orchid and card while I was out.


I had so many wonderful cards and gifts, that I don't even know where to begin listing them all.  Here's a picture of my haul...


So, a huge thank you to all my lovely friends and family for their kindness, generosity and love shown to me.  On Saturday, we'll celebrate in true Frazzled Shell fashion with *drum roll* - Eurovision on Saturday!  Score cards, mucho alcohol, Mr G's hot roast pork, stuffing and apple sauce rolls and I'm making an Oreo Cheesecake (oooooooh!).  How dreadfully civilised my 40th celebrations have been/will be.

Yeah, ask me about that on Sunday morning, m'kay? ;-)

Comments