Words fail me

I was expecting a weight gain today, we both were. However, I was not expecting a six pound weight gain in a week. Jesus H Christ, when I do something, I don't do it by halves, do I? Anyway, it's done now, the vino has been drank, the chocolate has been eaten, and a few duff meals scoffed - and hell - enjoyed too. So, back on it from this morning.

Last night our SW Facebook group had their Fakeaway Frenzy night, and it was lovely. So many different dishes made, so many new ideas of foods to try, members from different groups interacting together (our consultant runs four sessions in our town). This was my entry into the competition...


It was a beaut of a meal, if I say so myself. Absolutely gorgeous. The kids really enjoyed it too, put it this way, when I went through to wash up, this is what faced me...


Today, the first thing that I did after weighing, before I put anything in my gob, was this...


We weren't able to finish the staining yesterday, the rain was off and on and everywhere was damp from the downpour the night before, so we went out and finished staining the fence that runs down the garden. Then we had a spot of lunch, Mr G had baked beans and HexA mozzarella on his HexB wholemeal toast, and I had baked beans and poached eggs. I found a little Dark Oak woodstain left from last year, not enough to do what we need to do with it (summer house, shed, decking, deck outside summer house, two chairs, a bench and a table) but I made a start on it by staining one bench and the little table. I also found a full unopened tin of Cuprinol Shades in Sage, so I can do all our green furniture this week.


Mr G got his lawnmower and strimmer out and just tidied up the garden. Our gardener called this week, but we didn't have the money to pay him. We have money, but literally, every penny of cold hard cash that anyone had in the house has gone over the last month. It's all in the bank, and of course, now it's vital journeys only, and shops are asking people to use cards or contactless payments... I don't like the idea of using the cashpoint right now, to be honest?


So, tonight, to make sure that we stay on plan, I pulled out some curry from the freezer, so I couldn't use the 'couldn't be bothered cooking after working in the garden' card. I took out the Beef Bhuna and the Chubby Cubs Tikka Masala, and will serve that with turmeric basmati rice, and some wilted baby spinach as extra speed food for Mr G and I.

Either way, this week we need a good weight loss, so I have had to pull a good meal plan out of the bag. The intention is to do some heavy duty garden work this week, so I need to know that I have something quick and easy to hand for when we are done at night.

Monday: Chubby Cubs Chicken and Chorizo risotto with salad
Tuesday: Chicken Satay curry with rice
Wednesday: Home baked ham, egg, salad, homemade chips and beans
Thursday: Nandos Chicken, homemade savoury rice and salad
Friday: Poulet au Vinaigre, Marmite roast potatoes and vegetables
Saturday: Beef and Orzo stew
Sunday: Slimming Eats Creamy Pork Casserole with vegetables

Onwards. Line drawn, clean slate from today, and fingers out in the garden this week.

Comments