Short and Sweet

Woke up, washed dishes, cooked, had a power hour, woke up, ate tea, washed up. The end.

Tea tonight, Chicken Chop Suey and Chicken Fried Rice. Both recipes taken from Recipe Tin Eats website.


Mr G had a busy day today, he made a Pakistani Beef Bhuna, Coq au Vin and a Creamy Pork Casserole. Here they are ready for the freezer.


He was meant to be making a beef stroganoff, but I took the wrong steak out of the freezer. Genuinely the most exciting thing that happened in my life today. I took the wrong steak out of the freezer. So we will make that tomorrow, along with the two curries.

After he had finished cooking, he said 'You know what I fancy? A cake. I might make a cake'. I gave him side eye until he decided that would be a bad idea. Sat here about an hour ago, he said 'I wish I had made a cake now'. I knew I really couldn't be bothered getting up and making a cake at this time of night, but I remembered something I used to do years and years ago, when the children were little. It was cake in a microwave, but you used a pudding basin. You put whatever you want in at the bottom; jam, syrup, lemon curd etc. The cake mix is a basic 2 oz butter, flour, sugar, 1 egg and half a teaspoon of vanilla. Whisk it all up, add it on top, and microwave for 4 minutes. You can also make a chocolate version with some Nutella in the bottom, add cocoa powder to the cake mix (but omit the vanilla). Leave it to stand for a few minutes because the topping will be very hot. Invert onto a plate and serve with ice cream or custard. From (mixing) bowl to bowl in ten minutes.


Naughty but nice ;-)

Comments