Easter

Also known as the one where I go completely off the rails and actually manage to put on five pounds overnight! Go me!

Easter Roast Lamb Dinner

Our batch cooking continued on Thursday. I made a Chicken Saag, Chicken Satay and Tom Kerridge's Coconut Chicken Curry from the freezer.


I decided on Good Friday that actually, I wanted a fish finger butty. On a bed of rocket, and with home made tartare sauce. Bloody lovely.


Saturday things started to go awry. We had a lovely, healthy tea, RecipeTin Eats Prawn, Mango and Avocado salad...


... we put Amazon Music on the telly, I cracked open a bottle box of wine... Mr G opened a bottle of lager, and it went rapidly downhill from there. A video of him 'dj'ing' to Bizarre Inc.'s Playing with Knives, wearing a floppy hat, shades, and using my double slow cooker as decks may or may not exist. We also had an Easter egg.

Yesterday, I started off with egg for breakfast. Cadbury. I made a lovely roast dinner, with proper roast potatoes, cooked in the lamb fat. I made Slimming Eats Beef and Orzo stew in the slow cooker to freeze for another day. Then I drank the rest of the box of wine, ate another Easter egg and then half a pizza.

This lockdown really isn't doing me any favours. I am constantly hungry. I'm probably not really hungry, I'm bored. But I can't stop pick-pick-picking at things. This is something that only usually affects me at the weekend. Every day feels like a weekend. I have come too far to mess up now, but I just can't stop picking. It's not so easy either when you can't go out and replenish and replace like we used to be able to.

Meal plan for this week - subject to change at any point.

Monday: Llechwedd Meats Dragon Burger, Salad, Fries (shoot me now because I even dunked them in mayo) and baked beans
Tuesday: Slimming Eats Slow Cooker Pineapple Pork with noodles
Wednesday: Pulled Beef Chilli, Jacket Potato and vegetables
Thursday: Two Chubby Cubs Cheats Lasagne and garlic cheese bread
Friday: Two Chubby Cubs Chicken Tikka Masala, rice and onion bhajis
Saturday: Diet Coke Chicken and egg fried rice
Sunday: Hot dogs, Slimming World chips and baked beans


Comments