Garden done... for now...

Crap week. I need my jaw wiring shut or something. My good intentions - remember the milk bottles of carefully measured skimmed milk? - yeah, well they lasted until I'd finished the coffee I'd made with said milk. Never mind though, we live to fight another day. I have weighed in this morning and I have maintained - although God knows how, and Mr G has lost three pounds - again, God knows how. Dare I say it - back on it today? But who knows.

Yesterday we finished all the wood staining that we needed to do in the garden, I do have to say that it's looking good and starting to take shape. There's still so much we need to do, but the problem is that we don't have the means of getting the stuff we need, with the lockdown, essential travel etc. We do have ideas for a patch of space at the bottom of the garden, it's something I've wanted to do down there for a while now, but this is going to have to be put on the back burner temporarily.


I went for a walk with Mr G the other day, under the bridge and down to the Belgian Prom and Church Island. First time I've left the house that hasn't been for groceries. It was lovely down there, all we could hear was birdsong and insects. 




On our way back towards the rugby field, I heard a rustling and turned to see two red squirrels scampering through the trees! It is now a red squirrel woodland but I have never seen any there before. I quickly grabbed my phone and - by a stroke of luck, I must have somehow switched it to video mode, so I managed to get a nice little video of them leaping from tree to tree. I haven't uploaded it to YouTube so, I can't put it up here yet. 


We even managed to have tea outside one night this week. The only issue with our patio area is that it's chilly up there. Even on the warmest days, by the time tea time rolls around, the sun is over at the front of the house, hence the sweatshirts and fleeces. 


Had a couple of nice meals this week, the Beef Bhuna that Mr G made a few weeks back, that was delicious and really spicy. Forgive the glowing rice, every time I add turmeric to my rice, my camera does this. Really need a tinker with my settings.


And we also had Chubby Cubs Chicken and Chorizo Risotto (or Risnotto as they call it). It's not the prettiest dish, risotto, is it? Once it's been dished up? Look at the difference in it cooking versus how it looked on the plate. But oh my days, this is one of my current faves. We even had the leftovers for lunch the next day.

Cooking

See?

And my final thought on the week is this. Filters. Phone filters. What the ever-loving feck are they all about? The other morning I was on messenger with a friend who is working from home. She was bemoaning the fact that she had had to wear make up x amount of times that week. So, as I had made an effort myself, I decided to send her a selfie. And at the bottom of the screen, there were like, ears. Animal ears and effects. This may not be a surprise to many of you, but I don't do this kind of stuff, ok? So I clicked on the bunny one and this was the outcome. 


So, from the mouth upwards, it's a pretty ok photo of me, I guess. I'm not wearing mascara, so I'm quite impressed that they've managed to add lashes on to me. Also super impressed that they've managed to make me look about 14 years younger than I actually am. But. And it's a huge but. 

WHAT THE HELL HAS IT DONE TO MY CHIN? 


I mean, was/is this really necessary? Really? Do rabbits have chins like that? I'm at a loss for words. 

Oh, and lockdown isn't without its #WTF moments, either. Child not identified to protect their blushes. But it's obviously not the football mad one.

Watching Match of the Day - or whatever incarnation it is now, via video link, last night...

Child: What's the guy from the crisp advert doing talking about football?
Me: Er... Gary Lineker? Really famous English footballer? World famous? Kinda gives him authority to talk about football...
Child: So, he didn't invent Walkers Crisps?
Me: Nope...
Child: I always thought he was the guy who like... owns and makes Walkers Crisps?
Me: Again, nope.
Child: But... he's in the ready salted advert?
Me: *raised eyebrow*
Child: Oh my God, please don't ever tell anyone about this...

So today, meal planning for the week ahead, and garden plotting, whilst trying to find ways to acquire things to do what we need to do, without breaking any laws or regulations in the process :-)  


Comments