Weigh Day

Sunday is our new Slimming World weigh day in order to give our consultant time to manually input our weights into the system ready for our Zoom group on the Monday and this week I have sort of maintained. How do you sort of maintain? Well, first you give your consultant the wrong weight last week, accidentally. Going through my Google Photos archive showed that I was 12 stone 3 lb not 12 stone 2 lb as I told her. This week I'm actually 12 stone 2 lb. So even though I've lost a pound this week, I've already claimed it. Happy with that, given the lack of actual speed food I've eaten. 

Mr G keeps saying he will go out, he will go and get fruit and vegetables, and bread and milk, but I don't want to let him go. I feel terrible that he is the one who has to put himself at risk. But then I keep thinking to myself - this virus hasn't peaked yet. And the longer we leave it to do this, the more people are going to be infected out there... I just don't know what to do for the best. 

I've never shopped online for food, I like to see what I'm buying. I don't have accounts with supermarkets for home delivery. And reading up on it now, chances of me booking a slot are slim to none, even if I created an account. I tried to order meat for delivery from the local meat wholesaler, and my card failed the address check. Failed the address check... yet the money still went out of my bank account, into holding, which is wrong if you ask me. I've lived at my address for eleven years, my bank statements come here, I checked the details on my account on their website, yep, my address. So, now I'm really reluctant to try and use my card to shop online in case the same thing happens again. Who can afford to have money floating right now? As I said to them in my email, that money might have been all the money I had in the world to feed my family? Thankfully my bank remedied it instantly for me, but told me usually it took up to ten days to sort out! 

Anyway. What have we eaten since I last posted. I finally got round to making the Cherry Bakewell Baked Oats. Look at this beauty...


I got the recipe for this from Slimming Eats here. I had to slightly amend the recipe to use what I had in. I'm completely out of the sweetener I use, and don't want to add to the burdened posties by ordering stuff from Amazon, so I used some Sweet Freedom Caramel syrup to sweeten the oat mixture, and then I used 1 level teaspoon of granulated sugar to sprinkle over the cherries, as with most frozen fruit, they have a tendency to be very sharp. I served this with a scoop of vanilla ice cream, and it made for a nice lunch yesterday afternoon. Much more filling for a healthy extra than a couple of slices of bread would be. 

Tea last night was the Chubby Cubs One Pot Creamy Leek and Sausage Bake from their cookbook. Just Mr G and myself for this one. Used up the cream cheese from earlier in the week, and half a small bottle of white wine.

  
Served this with frozen tenderstem broccoli that I picked up from Iceland. Surprisingly very nice for a frozen veg, the only downside was that a lot of the... don't know what to call them... green bits from the top had fallen off in the bag, and then another load came off in the pan. So, by the time they had heated through, they were little more than broccoli stalks hehe. 


I made the BLT pasta for lunch. This was absolutely lush. I mixed 2 tablespoons of light mayonnaise with just enough fat free greek to make a dressing. Stirred it into cooked pasta, the best bits of a lettuce that was about to go in the compost bin, diced tomatoes, chopped bacon that had been dry fried, and sprinkled with a load of black pepper. Really recommended for a tasty filling lunch that doesn't use up your Hex B. 

We had the Mediterranean Chicken Orzo, I forgot how nice this was. All of us had it, two of the children for the first time. The youngest didn't like it. My daughter took the pattern off the plate. My son ate it all, except for every piece of vegetable that I dished up on his plate. Every tomato, onion, piece of celery - still on his plate. So I'm counting it as a partial win. 

Tonight we have Pinch of Nom Cumberland Pie from the first cookbook, but I will use a mashed potato topper for that, as opposed to sliced potatoes. I also have a leg of pork that I found in the freezer yesterday, and the plan there is to cut half of it into pork leg steaks, and for the other half, dice it up and make this Creamy Pork Casserole (link here). I will make the four portions and then freeze it in two, so this will do for Mr G and I for two meals then. 

So, this week's meal plan is...

Monday: Blackened Pork leg steaks, salad, homemade savoury rice
Tuesday: Minced Beef and Onion Pie, homemade SW oven chips and baked beans (needs must!)
Wednesday: Pinch of Nom Garlic and Lime Balti, rice and homemade bhajis
Thursday: Pulled Beef Chilli, jacket potato and rice 
Friday: Dusted Cod fillets, homemade oven chips and peas
Saturday: Chubby Cubs Cheats Lasagne with cheesy garlic tortilla
Sunday: Roast lamb, vegetables, roast potatoes

Enough there to keep me out of mischief, and some more batch cooking too. 

Comments