TGIF

Another unsuccessful school uniform trip today, we tried Holyhead in search of the holy grail of the trousers that are tighter at the bottom. We found some... but they were the sort that looked like they would shrivel up under an iron. We weren't expecting much, it was more so to get out of the house than anything else. 

We did manage to pick up a few things there though, I got some new nail polish and hardener (so I can scratch at my kitchen countertops... haha, just kidding, no. Seriously, no...). I got a dress in New Look that I had eyed up up on a mannequin in the Bangor store just before we went into lockdown, reduced to £7, and in my size!!! It fits me like the proverbial glove, sticks out in five places ;-) With some sit ups, lipo and some good control briefs, I'll be sorted. Home Bargains had some new candles in their Wickford & Co range. They're not quite Yankee Candle, but for £2.99 each, they don't have to be. We picked up a Chocolate Orange one...

...and a Cherry Bakewell one, which I have a feeling is going to be headache inducing because it smells really strongly of almond extract. Mr G got some more of his Chef brand brown sauce from Morrisons, from their little Irish groceries section, because apparently it knocks spots off any British one he's tried.

Looks like I jinxed myself because no sooner did I publish last night's blog post, saying that I couldn't be bothered travelling miles to find school stuff... my sister in law phoned about quarter of an hour later to tell us she was coming to her friend's caravan next week and asked if we wanted to meet them in Wrexham on Wednesday. 

On the plus side... *jazz hands* fish and chips! 

On the minus side... Primark, the boy wants new trainers (FML), I simply can't be arsed, the boy wants new trainers, the boy wants new trainers, Primark, and the girl wants new clothes for college. This is going to be an expensive catch up. But, fish and chips, so... 

Started the morning off well with a bacon, egg, sausage and mushroom breakfast bap before we went shopping and tea was Pinch of Nom's Garlic and Lime Balti with rice. 

Yeesh, it's now Friday morning and I fell asleep in my chair last night at 9 pm. And then woke up at midnight and hauled myself off to bed. Another rubbish night's sleep where I woke up at 4 am - two mornings on the bounce - and here I am again.  

Tea tonight is Recipe Tin Eats Chicken Doner kebab all round, Friday night fakeaway. Mr G has tonight off now that he is back on three nights. I feel like doing something tonight, maybe watch a film, or have a game of Cards against Humanity with the children. God, how terrible a parent do I sound? Have a game of Cards against Humanity with the children? 

Other parents: Tonight we baked and then we watched something fluffy on Disney+ 

Me: Girl, open the gin. Boy, deal the cards. Alexa, play Cardi B... 

Mr G: What's that song saying?

Me: There's a horse in this house, babe... 

Mr G: Is that why she needs a bucket and a mop?

Me: Yes, sweetheart...

I really missed a bloody trick yesterday. I gave Mr G my headphones and played him WAP. I should have recorded his reaction, seriously, it would have gone viral. His bloody face was an absolute picture. He was muttering away to himself like a good 'un... :-)


Comments