Saturday Night Fakeaway Part Deux - Wife Goals

Short and sweet one. My computer is being a total tool today. I've lost count of how many times I've had to run the troubleshooter on the wireless connection, it's probably in the region of fifty times, no word of a lie. So, before I go to bed, I (attempt to) bring to you... the Doner Kebab.


The only person who left any was me. What little I did leave was hoovered up promptly by the boy, who chucked it all on a wrap and was away out of the kitchen with it, before I changed my mind. Mr G said it was absolutely beautiful and he would definitely have it again. The kids all really enjoyed it too. Did I enjoy it? It was ok. It was infinitely better than the dry 5% fat Slimming World compatible one. Maybe next time I would try it with lamb mince - although you couldn't really tell that it was beef. And maybe next time, I would lose the cinnamon, or reduce it a fair bit. Just personal preference. I don't find kebab shop doner meat cinnamony. However, I still much prefer the Chicken Doner.

It was pretty easy to make, the faffiest part really was blending the meat. I don't have a large food processor so I had to do it in four batches. Other than that, super simple. It wrapped well into the sausage shapes, it was no fuss cooking it. It browned nicely in the pan when fried in a little olive oil. Chances are it will be requested again, but if it is, I'll make myself a chicken one to cook alongside it. Posting this now, as I've had to reset the connection at least ten times in the last ten minutes as I've been writing this.

Comments