Party

We had a fantastic day yesterday. The weather was glorious - we didn't have a drop of rain in the day. Everyone ate, drank and was merry. I fell... standard... and I was sober when I did it. Running to go to the loo, tripped up the path, flew over the path and landed on the other side of the garden. Once I'd got myself up and brushed myself down, Mum said 'Oh, I wanted to get a photo to show Netty. She'll be gutted she missed this.' Cheers Ma, yes, I'm ok thanks hun, don't worry. I didn't feel it yesterday but I think I might have jarred my shoulder when I fell, I've got limited movement in it today. 

We set everything out the night before and told her not to come in until we told her. Like Christmas, we said. Haha. I was up at six again, and I did a good two hours work before I heard Mr G getting up and going for his shower. 




The cheesecake was absolutely amazing! Put it this way, I had two slices for my breakfast this morning! It was so easy to make, in all fairness. The time consuming bit was waiting for it to cool in the oven, and then in the fridge. It's not one to make if you want a cheesecake the same day, but in advance, it's definitely a showstopper for a meal or special occasion. She also makes a blueberry one, it was through the blueberry one that I found this recipe.

Yes, she's wearing a thick hoodie. Yes, she is wearing a beanie. Don't ask. She doesn't feel the heat like we do. Knowing her, she probably had about four more layers under the hoodie. 

We had loads of lovely photographs of the day and all the people who came, but I won't upload those as everyone is entitled to their privacy. 

Except Mr G. Here he is with his baby girl. For once, there were loads of photographs of me too, but I look simple or drunk in most of them and you can really see that I've put weight on too. 

I'm not a happy bunny. I know it's not a lot, but it has made a heck of a difference. Line drawn tomorrow and back on it. So, a lazy day today, Mr G is back in work tonight, and I am not doing anything, no cooking, cleaning or anything else until tomorrow. I need a bit of time to come to after this last hectic week! Thank you everyone who came and was so kind with their gifts, cards and money for my daughter. We all had an absolutely brilliant day :-) 


Comments