Sixteen

Ok, so the weight has been recorded, and yes, it was slightly worse than I'd hoped. Sixteen pounds on from my lowest point. 13 stone 4 now, and I had got down to 12 stone 2 at some point this year since group temporarily closed its doors. I had hoped for a stone at worst, I got myself a Brucie Bonus there, didn't I?

You want to see what I do for an encore 😐

Not whinging though, it's all my own doing. I did this, I can undo it, it's not too bad, it's not undo-able. It's not three or four stone back on, and it just goes to show that those little habits that stick with you do make a difference. This could have been so much worse. The things I have eaten at times, the bingeing on junk food, the naughty meals, the fish and chips, the alcohol, the pies (oh God, the pies...) (but oh God, the pies). But this behaviour has been in the minority, and not the majority, and it is this that has probably done some damage limitation. The walking I've been getting done lately has no doubt helped a lot!

So a line has been drawn today, and we go again. I'm feeling inspired, I'm feeling positive, I'm feeling uplifted. I slept like a dream last night, I can't remember the last time I slept so well. A proper deep, deep sleep. I was up and at 'em once Mr G got home from work, pottering around. He fell into bed muttering 'Just leave me'.

Tea tonight was something filling and healthy. Mr G had been fancying this cheeseburger pasta dish for a few weeks, and I thought that it would keep him going through the night shift. He has got into the habit of taking a roll or a wrap or a sandwich in with him - and it's something he didn't do before this virus hit. I used the recipe here on Slimming Eats but - rather than stir cheddar cheese through it, once it was cooked, I whacked it all into a dish, sprinkled the mozzarella on top and baked it in the oven until the cheese melted and browned. It didn't taste too dissimilar to the Chubby Cubs Cheat's Lasagne and to be fair, it was actually nicer than I thought it was going to be. I'm not a huge pasta fan, if I'm honest, I'd sooner have rice, but I'd definitely make this again.


Lunch was the quick and easy garlic mushroom risotto.


And seeing as we didn't have our healthy extra B today, I decided to bake some oats. I made lemon and blueberry ones to use up some surplus blueberries. I used a little Sweet Freedom syrup to sweeten them and they were lush, like a blueberry muffin. Only one syn for the whole batch.


Meal plan for this week, although subject to change depending on the weather and how we are feeling that day... thankfully got loads of batch cooked meals in the freezer, so I can use up some of those, and cook fresh ones to freeze this week.

Monday: Cheeseburger Pasta and salad
Tuesday: Chinese Beef and Mushrooms with plain boiled rice
Wednesday: Salmon Salad with new potatoes
Thursday: Tandoori Chicken Burger with salad and wedges or chips
Friday: Chicken Madras, rice and onion bhajis
Saturday: Shredded Beef Chilli and rice
Sunday: Rump steak, pepper sauce, new potatoes, onions, mushrooms and peas
Monday: Chicken and Chorizo risotto and salad

Step count for today, up to posting - 8174 steps. I did a solid hour on the treadmill. I even... ran! Well, jogged, according to the treadmill, when you hit the Jog button it gives you a speed of 7 km/h. I only have little legs, so trust me, I was running at 7 km/h. I walked and did spurts of about one minute running while I listened to my iPod.

I have mangled the backs of my heels now though, there's going to be blisters tomorrow. I showed the boy. He looked at them and asked 'Did you wear socks?'. Which, of course, I didn't. He called me a dickhead, which, although harsh, was a fair and accurate assessment of the situation. I just don't do socks. Or tights. I'm the kind of girl who wears flip flops in the snow.


Even Samsung Health disagrees with me and has my workout down as walking, but at least you can see the little peaks and troughs of when I ran and walked.


Not sure where they got the max speed of 10.1 km/h from, unless the treadmill speedo is screwed? But the distance and calories seem to be there or thereabouts on both. Quite impressed with the amount of calories burned there. It actually wasn't too bad, just running for one minute at a time, I know it's something you have to build up over time. I would say I haven't run since school but I don't think I ran in school, either...

Good first day under my belt, feeling very accomplished now and geared up for tomorrow. Fry up for breakfast when Mr G gets home from work, then we will go for a walk, and call in to see my parents on the way home as it's their 47th Wedding Anniversary tomorrow. One of the first times in years we'll see them on their anniversary, they're usually away in Devon, but they cancelled this year's holiday.

Comments