Hump Day

That storm yesterday took me by surprise. Everyone else seemed to know it was on its way, I must be super distracted or something. So, it was a resounding 'bugger that!' to leaving the house yesterday in search of salad, and we had salmon with risotto instead.

We went shopping today, and on a school uniform hunt. Managed to get the boy's jumper and tie ordered, and bought the sixth form tie. We were advised by the guy in the uniform shop to buy our own jumpers and he would embroider the sixth form badges on for £3.50 each because the ones he had in stock were extortionate. Fair play to him, really. Managed to get short sleeved white shirts in Asda. So now, we are on a hunt for black v neck jumpers and... the trouser saga begins. Again. 

I can't find the official school uniform list. It was sent by email and I must have deleted it. The school website last updated the school uniform list in 2014. You see, every year, I buy black trousers. Every year, by the end of the first week, they're both in black skinny jeans. Every year, they grow taller and I end up donating the barely worn and in some cases unworn trousers to the charity shop. It's not so bad when they're shortarses, and you can get away with a £4 pair from the supermarket. But when their legs are longer than a fortnight (I mean, come on, who has a 33 inch inside leg, ffs? Not me, nor his father - that's for sure!) and you're looking at £13 for those same 'cheap' trousers, and know you're only going to end up donating them to a charity shop? Galls me, it does (I've spent too long married to a Wiganer).

The school have been pretty lenient in the past, as long as the jeans have been black, not faded, scruffy, they've turned a blind eye. But with this new uniform being introduced, I'm not sure how rigid they're going to be. So, the boy's request is - if he has to wear trousers, can he have ones that are tight at the bottom. My eyes rolled 360 degrees because, we live on Anglesey, for God's sake. Bangor is our nearest city. And I cannot be bothered going miles away right now, although it might have to come down to it. I'm waiting for the girl to mention Primark, and then I know I'm going to have to haul ass to Llandudno or Wrexham.  

Tea tonight was skinny burger with homemade wedges and beans. I asked Mr G if he wanted the wedges spicy and he said yes, and Christ on a bike, they were too. I made a homemade spice mix of paprika, chipotle chilli flakes, garlic granules, onion granules and sea salt. However, I grabbed the wrong paprika and used the hot one, which is paprika and cayenne mix, so... yeah, there's going to be an afterburn there.

Ventured into Lidl today because Aldi car park was rammed and I'm glad we did because...

They're back in season, finally. I grabbed two packs, one pack has nearly gone already. Tried to be really good today because I found these too, in Iceland (the food shop, not the country).


We picked some up in the Food Warehouse last time we were in Wrexham, and they are to die for. They knock spots off Magnums. 11 syns each, which isn't too bad really. Mr G has taken the boy to football training and we will have one each when he gets home. 

I have a new earworm, but unlike all the others, it's a song that I absolutely adore. The Weeknd and Lana Del Rey - Stargirl Interlude from his Starboy album. I found an extended version on Youtube (God bless you YouTubers who can do stuff like this) and it is on repeat. Lush. It's about sex, of course. Sadly, my kitchen isn't big enough for shenanigans like that. It would be a Health and Safety nightmare. Plus;

a) I haven't got enough countertop space to scratch my nails down them, not without moving several small appliances first and that would probably kill the mood (hang on Mr G, hold that thought, just shift that mug tree to the side a bit, while I lose the Tassimo...

b) I've finally managed to grow my nails to a decent length without any tearing or splitting so, sod that; and 

c) if I arched my back like a cat, I'd probably trigger a sciatica attack :-)


Happy days :-) 

Comments