One Down

Managed to pull a one pound weight loss out of the bag this week, and I didn't even need to wear the mankini! Mr G lost one and a half, so we were both pretty chuffed. I (rather stupidly) committed to a 2.5 lb weight loss this week, knowing full well that I was going back to school shopping and meeting the inlaws in Wrexham on Wednesday and having fish and chips. I'm going to have to survive on iceberg lettuce and dust for the rest of the week. As if.

Tea tonight was 5% fat skinny burger and homemade Slimming World chips, with baked beans and fried onions. 


Definitely in a better mood today, yesterday must have been a blip, thankfully, because these mood swings I've been suffering lately have been a pain in the arse. Whether it's hormonal, situational, mixture of both, whatever. Poor Mr G doesn't know whether he's going to wake up to Nigella, Waynetta or Carole Baskin on any given day. 

I can't believe it's September tomorrow, everyone else seems so down about it; 'Oh, summer is over before it even started'. Oh, please. I have navigated five months at home with three teenagers. I don't want to see summer again until they've all left home. Me? I'm in the shed digging out the Halloween decorations and the Christmas tree. I'm starting to write a Christmas food list. I'm stocking up on alcohol (no joke, I've already got a Strawberries and Cream Baileys dupe, a bottle of Parma Violet Gin and a bottle of Prosecco - although, I've tried to drink the Prosecco three times already in the last seven days and Mr G wouldn't let me. It's not going to see the festive season, I won't lie). I'm planning my autumn deep clean. I'm thinking up new plots for NaNoWriMo 2020. I'm looking forward to dark mornings and dark evenings, tea lights, scented candles, fleece blankets, hot chocolates, hot dogs, homemade hearty soups and stews, reading books in my cuddle chair.

Love it! Reminds me of this picture Mr G sent me, saying it was me to a tee...



That's about right ;-) 

Comments