Shattered Again

What a bloody day. With the exception of ten minutes wolfing my tea down, this is the first time I've sat today, since I got up at 6. Today we have...

Baked and decorated 50 cakes and then there were the scones...

How good do they look? I'm quite impressed with how they turned out. I made another twelve fruit ones as well. In the end I ran out of flour and caster sugar and had to rein myself in because the guest count is going to be quite low. I think I thought I was catering for the usual amount I'd see at a house party. The cheesecake was a joint effort, Mr G sorted the crust while I made the filling and topping. This is the end result, it's still in the fridge now, and I will take it out of the tin tomorrow. I'm not feeling brave enough yet. I have visions of the sides just falling off because it seemed very crumbly when I put the topping on. The cheesecakes I make only usually have a biscuit base, this is the first time I've attempted one with sides on! Should have had a trial run!

The strawberry topping is absolutely gorgeous tasting, though. Looking forward to a decent wedge of that tomorrow. We picked up Cait's birthday cake from the baker. It weighs an absolute ton! So pretty. 

We decorated the living room and garden and gazebo as best we could. At one point there were balloons everywhere.





We have a few more banners and balloons to put up tomorrow, and some helium balloons too. Mr G cut the front hedges and mowed the grass as well. Thankfully I didn't have to cook tonight further than a pan of rice, and we had the Chicken Patia with rice and naan bread. That was lush too.

 

The weather for tomorrow has changed again, not that I'm complaining, now it's only 10% chance of rain, which is an improvement on last night's prediction. But whether or not, the prosecco and Buds are chilling, the flavoured gins are waiting, scones with clotted cream and jam, a baked cheesecake, and loads of other things I shouldn't be eating but I'm going to. Not every day your only daughter turns 18, and God knows this year has been shit enough really without having to endure a low syn buffet. Sod that. 

I am more than ready for bed now, early start again tomorrow. Who would have thought, the mother of two adults. In four years time, I will be the mother of four adults, and quite frankly, that's quite depressing. That's just asking for a mid-life crisis, a sports car or a toyboy or something. And I don't drive. 

Just kidding Mr G ;-)  

Comments