Drizzly

We decided not to go for our walk today seeing as it was peeing down; in the words of Peter Kay, it was that fine rain that soaks you through. Also, I had the most shocking night's sleep last night, after having such a good one the night before. I saw 2 am, 3 am, 4 am. I messaged Mr G at 4.03 am to tell him to leave me sleep in when he got home, to have a couple of hours himself on the sofa and not disturb me. My eyes pinged open at 6.53 am which put paid to that plan. I was up and making a coffee by the time he walked in.

Thankfully tea was already made and frozen ahead, all I had to do was cook fresh rice. I got to have a semi-lazy day today and doze in my chair, once we had got our top up shop out of the way. We didn't need too much, just the usual bread, milk, fresh fruit and SW friendly snacks. We popped to see my parents for a quick coffee and a natter, gave them their anniversary card and gifts and a few bits of shopping they wanted. I bought them some cakes too, seeing as it was another celebration that was a bit of an anticlimax.

Tea tonight was Chinese takeaway style Beef and Mushrooms with rice and a stir fry on the side for speed. I don't normally have extra speed with dishes like this, most tend to have a lot of speed incorporated into the dish. But I thought I would show willing this week.


We had our fry up for lunch after we'd kept our shopping and that went down a treat. I had to have a little power hour in my chair.


Another bread free day so I made some more baked oats for dessert. I baked a large one each tonight, Mr G had 4.5 syns worth of Crunchie spread in his, and I opted for 3 syns of lemon curd in mine, chucked a handful of fresh raspberries into the mix, and topped it with some as well.


I really have done some damage to my poor feet, the backs of my heels are shredded, and I have a huge blister on one of my big toes. Needless to say I wore socks today but every step I took was sheer agony. Up to posting I have managed 5364 steps which isn't great, but it's good under the circumstances. Hopefully with an early night and a good night's sleep tonight, I can get the steps in early tomorrow.

Ordered my daughter's 18th birthday cake from a local cakemaker today, and we picked up some banners, paper plates and napkins in town. It's promising rain, so we will have to draw the roof on the pergola and probably put the gazebo up back to back with it. I'll put on a little buffet in the back garden, any visitors will have to come around the back of the house to see her. I know it's not going to be the day that she, and we, had planned this time last year, but you have to make the best of it, don't you? Concentrate on what you can do, not lament what you can't. She can have friends and family over, socially distanced. She can still have cake, and gifts, and cards. We'll try and make the day as special as we possibly can for her.

I've also ordered a lovely set on Amazon too, rose gold balloons spelling out Happy Birthday, normal balloons, confetti balloons, table confetti, a huge 18 balloon, door curtains, and a matching personalised 18th cake topper. I remembered to use Amazon Smile too, so my purchase benefits Anglesey Food bank - my personal choice. Apparently I've raised about £8 for them through my purchases so far. Not life changing, but if everyone who used Amazon used Smile, it could really benefit a local or national charity. Especially during these tough times when all charities are really struggling. It doesn't cost you anything extra, just use smile.amazon.co.uk, choose your charity, there are so many causes, so many local charities, national charities, there's something there for everyone.

She has said that she wants a tattoo, for her and Mr G to have one together, either the same tattoo, or ones that complement the other. Mr G doesn't need an excuse to have another tattoo, but they're having a hard time thinking of something.

The boy starts football training again tomorrow, and they're having their 'presentation' night out on the field straight after the session. He'll be part of a new team next season as his team has merged with another local team. I think he's really looking forward to it, he's felt pretty isolated since March. He has met up with friends three times since he's been allowed to. Usually at this time of year, Dad's Taxis would be running on an almost daily basis, the Bank of Mum would be chucking a couple of quid here and there for a drink and a sausage roll, or fish and chips. Constantly fielding texts and phone calls asking 'Do I have to be picked up at 6? Can I stay later?'. It's funny that this time last year I would have been moaning about it, and this year, I wish he was able to do it.

Comments