Results Day

I was on bloody pins this morning, our son wanted us both to come up to the school with him, in case the news was bad news and he needed us to knock some heads together advocate for him. He retrieved his envelope with his results from one of the teachers, and we stood, in gale force winds, in what has always been the windiest part of the school, at the back of B block, while he opened them. 

He only went and passed eleven GCSEs plus his Welsh Bac. The absolute star that he is, and full credit to both the school and the Welsh Government for doing the right thing for these children. His grades are his business and not for me to broadcast, but I will say that they were more than enough for him to get into sixth form without any issue and without me being arrested asked to leave the premises. 

He has chosen Computer Games Design - and he was told he may not get on the course, because it is a multi site course, meaning that children from other schools on the island will also be vying for a place on it. The teacher who enrolled him explained that there may be an issue, there may not. Some years, the places were hotly contested, and other years, hardly anyone applied for them. She advised him to choose a back up A Level just in case, and he chose Biology. He also chose Physics and Information Technology. So unbelievably proud of him.

My daughter also passed her first year in Performing Arts, but she has decided to switch courses this year, to Music. She loved the acting and the singing on her original course, but couldn't get behind the dancing, and really had to work so hard at it. She has her audition/interview next week, and went out to buy a new ukulele today from the music shop in town. She's her father's daughter all right. 

Tea tonight was Cock and Bull, and for once it was actually Cock and Bull. Mr G was busy in the kitchen and made both that and Diet Coke Chicken for tomorrow night's tea.

Spamgate continues too. The comment I received today was sheer filth and I dare not post a photograph of it. Sorry? What was that? I simply must post it? Well, ok... but don't say I didn't warn you. I have had to heavily censor it though, this is a family site after all. Use your initiative, mmmkay?

Where to begin? Where. To. Begin. Well, for starters, Lovehoney has quite a good range of strap ons starting at around £19.99 for the most basic, up to £109.99, but that is deluxe. We'd definitely be needing one of those, if you want to feel me deep inside you. Jesus wept. Can't wait until tomorrow! And the irony is, all of these comments are on the post where I'm declaring my undying love for my husband on our 21 year meeting anniversary. Saying that, with the exception of Mr G, it's the first bit of attention I've had from anyone, male or female, since 1999, so I'm taking it, spammer or not. Beggars can't be chosers, right?

And, I tickled myself today. Not a euphemism. Not a #filth moment. Just one of those moments where you find yourself so funny that you almost wet yourself. When you're hooting with laughter at yourself. I packed Mr G off to town to help my daughter choose her uke, and while he was there, I gave him a list for Card Factory. Cards for passing exams for our son, birthday card for my aunt, and birthday cards for our brother in law. So, when he got home, he called the boy through and asked him if he would write on Uncle Mark's card.

Boy: Mum? Is it Mark with a 'k'?

Me: No. It's Mark with an 'm'. Otherwise it would be Kark. 

Boy: Mum!

And that was me gone. Fits of giggles punctuated with the boy telling me to shut up. Until tomorrow... :-) 


Comments