Quiet one

Very little in the way of news today, bit of a quiet one. Did all my cleaning, tackled the ironing pile, did some cooking. The day seemed to fly by, even though it was a tad dull.

Tea tonight was Chubby Cubs Tandoori Chicken Burger. I doubled up on the bhaji ingredients and made more for tomorrow as we're having curry. I made one lot plain, and added a chopped chilli to the next batch. It really is lovely, and it's Mr G's dish usually, the one that he likes to make, but he hasn't been feeling too great this week, so I just cracked on with it.
It's not the simplest thing to eat, it can get a bit moist (sorry!) and it is easier to eat with a knife and fork. A decent bread roll or bap, not one that's going to disintegrate in seconds, spread with mango chutney, mint raita, lettuce, a whole tandoori chicken breast, topped with an onion bhaji and more raita. We had this with a mixed salad, and a few 3% fat oven chips.

Lunch was a homemade leek, potato and pearl barley soup which was filling and really put me on until my tea. The pearl barley makes all the difference too, if you like it, I highly recommend trying about 2 oz/50g shoved in at the start. 

Breakfast was a fresh fruit salad; strawberries, raspberries, blueberries, galia melon, banana, topped with fat free greek yogurt and a drizzle of Sweet Freedom syrup. 
Official step count is quite poor for the day - 1096 so far - as I don't tend to carry my phone with me when I'm cleaning, it has a habit of falling out of my pocket, and the screen has already got a hairline crack in it. I'd imagine it's closer to 15,000  1500. 

Seen a nice recipe in Nigella's newsletter today that is going on next week's list, Meatballs with Orzo. We really like orzo but tend to use it in the same two recipes, the Mediterranean Chicken dish from Pinch of Nom, or the Prawn Mango Avocado Summer Salad. The children are all pasta fiends so would lap a meatball dish up no problem, and despite not being a huge pasta fan, I quite like orzo - maybe it's because it's rice shaped!

Mr G is back in work tomorrow, tea tomorrow is Chicken Madras, rice, poppadoms, raita and onion bhajis. The only thing I need to do is cook rice and make a fresh raita up (yay me for being so organised!). 

Comments