Pier

We had a lovely walk yesterday, we walked into Bangor and down to Garth Pier. Packed a bacon and sausage roll and some fruit for our lunch. The weather was infinitely better today than the day before, I was dressed (semi) appropriately for the weather, and I left my bloody hat at home, where it belonged! 






It was lovely to be able to go for a walk on the pier, it truly is one of my favourite places to visit. It was frustrating to see the amount of people just walking on without paying. We spotted about seven people who went on before we did who didn't pop anything into the honesty box. Especially now, when the pier is having work done on it, it must be costing a pretty penny. 

According to Strava it was our longest walk, although I didn't need Strava to tell me that, my knee told me that. I limped the last stretch home from the bridge up, and the pain was shocking, actual pain, not the usual nagging ache. I got home, took some painkillers and plastered my knee in ibuprofen gel. I only moved to cook our tea, and had to rest it for the rest of the day. 


Tea last night was the Chicken's Vindaloo from the new Pinch of Nom cookbook, which is a crowd pleaser with my lot. Even the youngest who can take or leave curry returns his plate completely clean. The children had garlic naan with theirs and Mr G and I had some wholemeal pitta with ours. 


For dessert we had meringue, berries and a little cream for 3.5 syns. 


We were both in bed at 7.45 pm last night, I could feel myself drifting off in my chair, absolutely exhausted, so I decided to cut my losses. I knew that if I had a couple of hours in my chair at that time of night, there would be no chance of sleep. And subsequently I was awake at 2.20 am *facepalm*. So today is going to be a long, long day. I might try and grab a couple more hours here in my chair before the day starts properly. Before this fruitcake of a man drags me out walking again. I told him before bed that I didn't think I would be able to walk tomorrow and he insisted that we had to have a short walk so that we didn't seize up. I know that he is right and there's no doubt that it's not only helping my weight loss this time around, but it's changed my body shape too, even in such a short space of time.  

Tea tonight is Recipe Tin Eats Chicken Shawarma, the chicken thighs are defrosting in the kitchen ready to be marinated a little later. We will have that with salad and pitta bread. The first word from Mr G's mouth when I say meal plan. I say meal plan, he says shawarma. I will also defrost some lean steak mince too, and make our pasta bake in advance ready for tomorrow night, because for the first weekend in ages, I'm hoping to get a couple of football bets on, without loads of games cancelled due to frozen or waterlogged pitches.  



Comments