Nice weather for ducks...

Yeah, so they weren't lying when they promised wind and rain this weekend. Two identical days, that - ordinarily - I'd have been in my element with. But I just wanted to get out there. And despite my protestations about not wanting to go out, get soaked and catch a chill... I very nearly did just that. So, in the end, I put two of Rick Bhullar's home walking videos on YouTube. Mr G decided that he would do them with me.

It very quickly became apparent that Mr G and I both have something else in common, something that it's taken us nearly 22 years to realise. Neither one of us can co-ordinate our legs and our arms at the same time. If we get the arms right, our legs stop. If we get the leg steps right, we can't work our arms simultaneously. At one point he looked like he was flapping his wings. At another point we were doing the Inbetweeners dance sideways across the living room. At another point, I was doubled up with laughter and I very nearly wet myself. Who knew that Tena Lady would be a prerequisite for a mere workout at home?

Anyhoo.

Tea last night was the very delicious Honey and Garlic Beef from the Two Chubby Cubs Fast and Filling cookbook. 

It was only meant to contain beef, but I wanted to make it stretch a little further so I added mushrooms and spring onion. Next time I would probably add a little more vegetables as well, maybe some peppers and baby corn.

This weekend's step count, therefore, courtesy of Rick Bhullar and my treadmill is...


Friday and today I managed to pull in...

10 miles. Some way, somehow.  The plan is a very early walk in the morning, hopefully leave the house by around 8 am, weather permitting, but it's promising dry up to now. Tea tomorrow is very simple, salmon, salad and new potatoes. And I can vow to you right here, right now. If I don't lose anything Monday morning after all this walking I've done this week? I will throw myself on the floor and have a tantrum like a two year old in the sweet aisle at Tesco after their Mum has just said no. 

Comments