Addictive

I tell you something, this walking lark is addictive. I was up early this morning and just staring outside and staring at the clock, hoping that Mr G would surface early. He did, and we were out of the house before half past 8. 

We walked the long route around the town that we took the other day, only back to front, going down past the cemetery. It was really nice, and a lot quieter at that time of morning. We got our minimum of 10,000 steps in again, for the fourth day running.  

Mr G bought a new pair of walking boots with his birthday money, and they arrived yesterday, so they had their first use today. 

Tea last night was meant to be Chubby Cubs Cheats Lasagne until... Recipe Tin Eats posted something on Facebook. Not too dissimilar to what we were supposed to be having anyway. It was spaghetti and homemade bolognese sauce, layered, covered in cheese and then baked. When it dished up, it dished up like a lasagne. I checked the cupboards; lasagne sheets, orzo, macaroni, fusili, spiralini, tagliatelle, conchiglione. No spaghetti, and I certainly wasn't buying any when I have around 10 kilo of pasta here. So, I made it with spiralini and it was really good. We had the leftovers for lunch today. 

Tonight we had Caramelised Vietnamese Pork and Rice tonight for tea, which was very tasty. Only problem is that the house stinks of fish sauce now. And it's not the nicest smell in the world, is it?

The daffodils on the graves in Church Island have started to open. We found crocus, primrose and snowdrops too. 


The ducks were out in force too...



Tomorrow isn't looking promising weather wise, it looks like wind and rain. I don't mind walking in the cold, navigating a little shower, but I'm not up for two hours getting soaked to the skin, either. We have to use a bit of common sense too, and try not to get ill in the middle of all this madness. So, we might have to swerve our outdoor walk tomorrow. I've found some guy on YouTube though, his name escapes me now, and he does walking at home workouts that look pretty good. I might put him on the TV through the Firestick tomorrow, do a couple of those in the living room and a couple of treadmill walks interspersed. The treadmill is handy to have when the weather is bad, but I really have to be in the mood to go on it. 

A bit of good news is that my parents had their first dose of the vaccine today. This means that Mr G can't be too far behind now. 

Comments