Happy Monday!

Another good week at SW under my belt, that's three consecutive weeks. Geared up for the fourth one now. Weighed in this morning with another 3 lb off, and I am more than pleased with that. That's 10 lb off in three weeks, so it just goes to show what you can do when you put your mind into it. I have no doubt though, that the walking has really helped bump that weight loss along. 

We were out super early yesterday morning, we had left the house before 8 am. It was so nice out, barely any traffic, and even nicer, barely any people. We took our new route down to Cadnant Bridge and then all the way around the promenade and then down Holyhead Road to the cemetery. I like doing this early, it meant that I'd got my 10,000 steps for the day by 10.30 in the morning. Then it gives me scope to add to them later in the day, if I have time. Sometimes it's not so easy tearing yourself away from life in the afternoon when you're mid chores. 

The spring flowers are changing day by day down there, and these miniature daffs are so pretty! The town was so quiet yesterday that all you could hear was birdsong. As we were walking back up, a red squirrel scampered across our path, too. 

We had leftover pulled pork pasta bake for lunch, which we'd had on Saturday for our tea and what was meant to be honey and mustard salmon for our tea last night, ended up with a homemade marinade on when I realised that I didn't have any wholegrain mustard in. I just mixed some dark soy sauce, honey, chilli flakes, garlic, ground black pepper and chopped spring onion and baked it in foil for 20 minutes. Simple and super tasty, and perfect for the night before weigh in tea.

I think tonight will be pasta bake all round. The bolognese type one we made the other day for us, and pepperoni and chorizo for the kids. I'm going to start looking like a bloody pasta bake soon, but come on. Pasta bake. Cheap, cheerful, versatile, filling, quick to make, leftovers taste even better the next day and everyone eats some variation of it. Nice slice of cheesy garlic bread alongside it. What's not to love?

Really proud of this too, screenshot taken just before bed last night, giving the total number of miles walked and steps taken this week. It may never been seen again, it might be a total anomaly, but it has happened once, so it could happen again, right?



Comments