19th Wedding Anniversary

This was the post that I wanted to write yesterday but. Sometimes we do silly things. Silly things like go for a nearly six mile walk. In the rain and fog. When we clearly aren't used to walking a single, solitary mile right now, let alone six. Put it this way, we ache, I'm walking like John Wayne, Mr G is walking like he's soiled himself. Mr G said that he was going for a shower. I asked him a little later if he'd had one, and he said no, he couldn't lift his leg over the bath. I literally had to hurl myself onto my bed backwards last night in order to get on it. And I'm going to out him here. He woke me up last night because he farted on me. On our anniversary. This shouldn't surprise me because he farted on my Nain within months of meeting her.

We (Mr G, myself and my parents) were going out for a drink one night, it was while he and I were still long distance and he would come down to stay for the weekend. I only had my eldest at this point. My Nain only lived next door but one, and came over ready to babysit. I was in the chair, and he was sat next to Nain on the sofa. Someone asked him for something and so he leaned over the side of the sofa to get it and while his backside was aimed at Nain, he let one rip. He drew himself back over the sofa to a sitting position with a look of mortification on his face. My eyes were wide as I stared at him. He looked at me. Nain didn't miss a beat, blink or anything. Just sat there with a faint smile on her lips. When we left the house, my opening gambit was... did you just fart on my Nain? 

Yeah, well, my amusement at being farted on/at has waned now after pushing 22 years of it.

So, here are some pictures from our mammoth walk.


Probably one of the most famous vantage points of the Menai Suspension Bridge, from the lay-by. Millions of pictures exist of it, we can't walk past it without taking a shot of it, but I don't think I've ever seen one like this before, though. You can just about make the first arch of the bridge out. 



We took our usual walk around Church Island, there were loads of daffodils starting to bud in and around the old graves, and we saw some snowdrops too, the first I've seen this year. 


We arrived home, soaked, aching, tired, hungry and after making the hungry home learners egg on toast, I made Mr G and I a nice lunch.


Mr G decided to add to the misery of the day by posting a very dodgy picture of me on Facebook.


'Let me take a nice picture of you. Smile.' he said. At this point, we have been walking for nearly three hours. My hair is windswept and soaking wet. I am saturated. I need a wee. I haven't eaten yet that day (because we hadn't planned on being out quite so long) and I'm running on one solitary coffee. If you look really closely, my brow is furrowed because I'm frowning so hard at him, and inexplicably, one lens of my glasses is steamed up. 

My response...


I wish I could say that this was a lie, but... nope. 

I made our anniversary tea, Salisbury Steak from the new Pinch of Nom book and I was so unimpressed with it that I barely ate it. Nothing wrong with it, but just so unbelievably meh. Tasted of disappointment. Mr G liked it, and ate half of my 'steak' too. 


The one saving grace was the baked oats that I'd had the foresight to make for dessert using our Healthy B for the day. He had strawberry jam and I had lemon curd. 


We settled down to watch some telly. I'm not a huge television fan as you might know by now, I like watching sports, but my one vice is paranormal ghost hunting shows, like Most Haunted etc. We went through catch up TV, Netflix and Amazon Prime and there was little to nothing on there. So Mr G said 'I know where you'll find them. YouTube.'

Sure enough, there was a full series from 2020 that we hadn't yet seen on the Most Haunted official channel. I don't know what's gone on there, whether we've missed a full series last year (which I can't see) or whether they haven't actually aired on television, but the one we saw last night was nearly three hours long and had chairs being thrown. It was awesome. So we probably have a good fortnight's worth of new Most Haunted to crack on with. 

And because the card shops are shut, and supermarket cards are crap and expensive, I decided to take a punt on Moonpig for our anniversary cards this year. How wonderful is it that you can write your own romantic verse inside, letting your beloved know exactly what they mean to you? *cough*


So, to my absolute fruitcake of a husband, who dropped the engagement ring down some rocks when he proposed to me, who cried when he made his vows to me, who has been a loving, loyal and faithful husband, who works hard for me, who makes me laugh so hard, every single day, who has done everything from cut and paint my toenails to dying my hair, who humours each and every autistic obsession of mine, from Maneki Neko to Tarot to K-pop. I absolutely love the bones of you, Mr G.


Even if you do fart on me, occasionally. Happy Anniversary. Here's to many, many more. 

Comments