Chuffed

Mr G joined me in a weight loss this morning too, he lost a further 2 lb this week. I shared Slimmer of the Week, and I also got Slimmer of the Month as well! Thrilled with that, it's those certificates, I don't know what it is about them, they make you want to get more and more. 

We had our meeting and Mr G said, we'll go for a short walk, I can't manage a long one. Fine, I agreed. So he outlined the route and I didn't like to point out that it was very clearly even longer than our usual route. He went out to the bin, came in and said 'it's cold'. So, I kept my woolly jumper on. Put my coat on. And my woolly bobble hat. 

It was sweltering, wasn't it? And by the time I'd finished muttering under my breath, I was sweating cobs, I not only had hat hair, but sweaty hat hair, so I had to do the entire walk, in blazing sunshine, in a woolly hat. Oh, and that's not the best part of it. I forgot to change my shoes. So I was wearing: a red woolly bobble hat. A navy blue coat. A mustard colour woolly jumper. Black harem pants with yellow elephants on. And to finish off my look - black Adidas trainers. I looked like I'd been double dipped into a charity clothes bank on a supermarket car park. I couldn't make eye contact with anyone on that walk. What must they have been thinking? Roll on a pair of trousers fitting me again soon. Anyway...



We managed a decent walk, called into Waitrose for some salad bits to tide me over until I do my big shop this week. Tea tonight was the bolognese pasta bake, which went down a treat. Half left for lunch tomorrow.


A bit of an uninspired meal plan for the rest of the week, I need to pull my finger out and start trying some more new meals. I'm getting a bit repetitive in my old age!

Tuesday: 5% fat beefburger, wedges, baked beans and salad

Wednesday: Cod, mushy peas and new potatoes 

Thursday: Curry and rice

Friday: Chicken Shawarma and salad 

Saturday: Cheeseburger pasta bake and salad

Sunday: Roast Pork dinner 

And today's step count wasn't too shabby either, if I'm honest. Good start to the week. Whether I can keep it up remains to be seen.

Some big announcements tonight about coming out of lockdown once and for all, it looks like we've got to learn to live with Covid, and that there will be further casualties as we go along. No idea when Mr G will be allowed back to work now, but hopefully it's looking like he will have his vaccine around April, all being well. One way or another, as I said to him tonight, just because we can, doesn't mean that I will be for a long, long time yet. I won't be having a houseful of people, just because I can. I won't be booking a holiday immediately, just because I can. I'll still be wearing a mask when I go out shopping. I'll still sanitise my hands and keep my distance from people. I doubt that I'll be eating out, or frequenting pubs and the like for a long while yet. But it's a relief to see that there is some sort of end in sight, even if it is a shit or bust type of an ending. You might live, you might not, but whether it's now or next year, the odds are going to be the same. We can't stay locked away indefinitely forever, can we? I just know that I will feel much more at ease once this man of mine has had his vaccine. 

Comments