Gloomy

What in God's name happened yesterday? I woke up at my usual stupid o'clock, and whilst checking the news on my phone, I saw a weather warning. I racked my brains as to whether there had been anything on the weather on TV last night but couldn't remember. We were supposed to be going shopping, and it was frightful. Mr G couldn't remember anything about it either. Turned out even worse here than the storm last weekend. Decided to give shopping a miss until today. 

Obviously an outdoor walk was a no-no, I managed a small treadmill walk of nearly 9000 steps. Not the 10,000 I wanted but I needed a break yesterday, I was absolutely exhausted and in pain. Mr G's knee was raging too, so I sat him down on the sofa, drugged him (only with paracetamol, ibuprofen and glucosamine, like, nothing dodgy) raised his leg up with a footstool and cushion, and passed him the handset. We watched a couple of things together in the afternoon, a funny film called Coffee and Kareem and Greg Davies's stand up You Magnificent Beast. The funniest part was at the end when he was telling a story about his Welsh father teaching him two lines of a Welsh folk song. I was listening to him sing this song, word perfect and my face... I won't spoil it for you, if you're Welsh and you haven't seen it. I looked at my youngest son. He looked at me. Mr G was oblivious to what was getting shoved up where, put it that way, until he got a Welsh male voice choir on to sing the song, complete with subtitles. Absolutely hilarious.

We had to switch meals last night and we had the cod and new potatoes as I didn't have burger rolls for us. We popped out to do our shopping early this morning, we were there before 9. I prefer going early to avoid the crowds, not that there are so many crowds in the supermarkets these days, I have to say that people seem to be acting more sensibly. You do see more people with shopping lists than ever before.

After we had kept the shopping, we went for a little walk. In the rain. As you do. Or as we do. 


What a total change from two days ago. 


Really enjoyed my tea tonight, 5% fat beefburger, jacket potato wedges and baked beans. We picked up Becws Mon brown rolls from the butcher, they were really nice too, and seemed to handle the burger better than our usual Henllan ones do.

Managed to increase my step count for today, make up for my defecit yesterday. Mind is kind of blown that I've already done 47,000 steps in three days. I don't think I'd do 47,000 steps in a month ordinarily. 


The weather looks better for the rest of the week. Mr G has formulated a route for tomorrow, all being well. He has been bitten by the walking bug as well, even though he is struggling with his knee, he is determined to keep going. I do have to say that it's done wonders for my state of mind, getting outside more often, and it's really regulated my sleep too - it must be the sea air. I've been going to bed a lot earlier, even as early as 9 at night, and I've gone as soon as my head has hit the pillow. It's not so bad waking up at 5 in the morning when you've had an eight hour sleep! 

Comments