Sick

I feel awful. It started yesterday morning with a mild sore throat. This got progressively worse as the day went on until it felt like I was swallowing razor blades. It felt like a full blown throat infection. I went to bed at midnight and was downstairs again at 2 am, sucking on antiseptic throat lozenges and necking painkillers. Then my left eye started streaming uncontrollably for ages. Just the one eye. It was a bit bewildering, but stopped eventually. And this is where I've been all day, feeling very sorry for myself indeed.

Followed the prompt on my Covid Symptom Study app, and it asks me how I feel today. I tell it that I'm not feeling quite right and then I am given the Spanish Inquisition. And it asks me the expected questions.

Do I feel hot (yes), do I feel shivery (no), do I have a temperature (no - 36.6 which is normal), is my voice husky (yes, I have the voice of a murderer), is my throat sore (yes), have I lost my sense of taste or smell (no), do I feel unusually fatigued (yes, but I have been up since 2 am...), do I have a headache (yes, but I have been up since 2 am...), have I been skipping meals (it clearly hasn't met me!), have I felt nausea or vomiting (no), diarrhoea (I bloody wish!) and then it asked me this.

Do your eyes have any unusual eye-soreness or discomfort (e.g light sensitivity, excessive tears or pink/red eye)?

Whoa! I didn't even know that eye problems were a possible symptom of Covid? So, up until seeing that question included, I was convinced that this was just a summer cold. Now, naturally, I am slightly worried. Mr G didn't help when he told me 'you can't die on me'.

The NHS Wales symptom checker says that it's unlikely that I'm experiencing symptoms of Covid-19 as I'm not showing any of the main symptoms, the temperature, cough or shortness of breath. Mr G has looked after me so well today, he made us all Jambalaya tonight and it was lush.


He made it all himself, from start to finish, with no input from me. The kitchen is usually my domain and I get very edgy when anyone is in there cooking, and I can't help but go in and start giving helpful advice (interfering). Today, I didn't have it in me. So I'm praying for a good night's sleep and that I feel more human in the morning :-(


Comments