25

What fresh hell is this? 25 degrees? Nope, not for me. In other news, these arrived yesterday and I have been acquainting myself with them. I love them both, but I got a really good feeling when I picked up The Enchanted Map set.


The Welsh Assembly set out a slight amendment to the lockdown from Monday, two households can meet outdoors, locally within 5 miles, including in private gardens, as long as the two metre rule is enforced at all times. Thankfully, both my back garden and my parents can be accessed without going through either house, so I am looking forward to spending some time with them, and they will be glad to see their grandchildren too.

I'm glad that we are exercising more caution than England, and we remain a few steps behind them, because different areas are experiencing this virus differently. Sometimes, I don't think that these politicians realise that there are places outside of London.

Our behaviour won't change anyway. Just because we may be able to go to the beach, or to a clothes shop, or to a cinema, or to a beer garden, doesn't mean we will. Everyone in this house will have to be mindful, very mindful about who they are mixing with. When Mr G has to go back to work, his bosses have assured him that many, many measures will be put in place, to protect both the staff and the guests, and they will not reopen until it's safe(r) to do so. But aside from that, I cannot see anything changing for us.

We have heard that Slimming World won't be starting back until 'at least' September, and even then, it won't be in the form that we knew it before, not for a long time yet. Rugby... I don't know. NRL has resumed in Australia this week, we've managed to catch three games and it's been a bit weird. Empty stadiums with cardboard cut outs in the stands and fake crowd noises. Premier League is set to resume on the 17th June. I can't see us playing this season, but until the season is officially cancelled, you can never say never, I guess. I'm really missing my Cru family though :-(  Especially weather like this, it's reminiscent of a hot, sunny match day at Queensway, and it's just put me in the mood for an ice cold Wrexham Lager *heavy duty sobbing* I would probably sacrifice a child (or a husband - sorry Mr G) for a pint of ice cold Wrexham Lager tonight. Mr G has tried to appease me by shoving an ice cold can of San Miguel at me, and I appreciate it, I really do, but nah, it's not the same.

I have my new decks to play with, anyway, these will keep me occupied for a good while yet. I do have a couple of friends who have asked me for a reading, so that should be fun... still, we all have to learn somehow, right?

Comments