Better

I feel a little better, thankfully. I took a few days out, two very good night's sleep, plenty of rest, stayed as far away from social media as I could, did some garden work, some writing and dragged out an old hobby. I feel like I've got more accomplished over the last three days than I have done in the previous weeks of lockdown. 

I finally pulled out my knitting box and made a start on knitting some baby clothes. My friend is having her first grandchild this year and I promised that I would knit some clothes for baba. Her daughter doesn't know what she is expecting yet, and so I am a bit limited in what I can do right now. Got plenty of pink and baby blue, but very little in the way of neutrals. I made a lovely white matinee jacket and trimmed it with some white ribbon.


I want to knit a bonnet and some bootees and mitts to go with this jacket. Something to keep me out of mischief over the weekend. I knitted all the woollen clothes for all my babies and I forgot how much I enjoyed doing it. 

We saw that our local fish and chip shop had opened back up for a few hours a night, taking telephone orders, contactless payments and only three customers allowed in the shop at one time. So, after we had cleared out and moved a shed yesterday, I really couldn't be bothered cooking and didn't need to ask the family twice when I suggested takeaway. Mr G, myself and our youngest had haddock and chips, and the other two had sausage and chips. It was so nice, nice not to have to cook and of course, it's no secret that I love fish and chips. It's nice to be able to support a local business too during these times. 


Mr G is watching a Genesis concert. I hate Phil Collins, he makes me cringe. But Mr G has worked really hard in the garden today, he cut our hedges in the back, mowed the lawn and then he cut our elderly neighbours conifers down so he deserves a treat.  

I have put my headphones on to listen to some tarot readings for Taurus for the month of May (and block out Phil's awful singing voice). Apparently a lot of Taureans are getting divorced, splitting up, or have a Pisces, Cancer or Scorpio soulmate ex coming back into their lives to speak their truth, this month! How exciting for them. Nothing in the readings resonated with me though, as I'm happily married and I'm also 99.99999% sure that there isn't a single ex of mine that would piss in my mouth if my teeth were on fire. So I will listen to my rising sign next, Cancer, sometimes a rising sign reading can be more accurate than a sun sign. 

I was hoping to hear something more career/education orientated this month. Trying to figure out my next step. What I want to be when I grow up. The 'baby' is about to start his GCSE studies this year and now, more than ever, I feel that I don't want to waste another minute of my life, when life goes back to normal. Or whatever the new normal is. This has been such a wake up call, for so many of us. What and who is important to us, what and who is getting taken forward when life goes back to normal, and what and who is getting left behind. 

Looking forward to a nice weekend with the family, hope the weather is nice so we can eat outside (and maybe have a glass or two of vino), spend some time in the garden, and have a couple of games of Cards against Humanity. My children are warped. I thought I was warped but my children take the biscuit. 

PS: My readings for Cancer fared no better, where there was; a divorce, a reunion with someone from the past, a Taurean soulmate, oh, and having twins was mentioned twice. TWINS? Christ on the bloody cross, that's a resounding no from me. No, nay, never, no more. I'd sooner the divorce than the twins, to be honest... (sorry, Mr G...)

Comments