Convert

I think I might have converted Mr G into a salmon fan. Or, as he put it 'That was bloody lovely, that!'


It was a last minute marinade that I dumped on it, wrapped it in foil and banged it into the oven. I got the recipe from here and it was damn delicious too. Served with pea shoot salad, lettuce, cucumber and plain egg noodles.

Last minute marinade because it was a busy-busy day today. My friend who is shielding had a click and collect order due at 10 am this morning cancelled at midnight last night with no explanation, and so I offered to go into the store and do her shop for her. So I did that, and then came home, made lunch, made a rice pudding, made sausage rolls, made three huge homemade salami and pepperoni pizzas (because the boy couldn't be bothered making them), then had a nearly two hour videochat with the shielding friend before realising I hadn't marinated the salmon. Cue a very hasty Google search for something that could be shoved in a foil parcel, and I found the above recipe.

With the exception of steam mopping the outhouses, I managed to complete my daily to-do list of housework too, so the mopping can keep until tomorrow. I can barely walk again by now, and my arse has found its groove in my cuddle chair so that's me done for tonight.

I forgot to take a pic of the sausage rolls, and they're in the freezer, but here is the SW friendly (ish) rice pudding. Well, it's more friendly than if it was made with full cream milk and evaporated milk and sugar like my Taid and Mum used to make ;-) Simply 125 g of dessert/pudding rice and a carton of Alpro unsweetened almond milk. Whacked in a hot slow cooker, cook on high for a couple of hours, stirring now and again and then reduce to low heat for an hour or so. I'm completely out of Sukrin right now, and it's the only sweetener I like, but to be totally honest, I'm so impressed with the sweetness and flavour of the Sweet Freedom syrups that I use them for everything right now, porridge, baked oats, yogurt and rice pudding.


Mr G had his warm with vanilla Sweet Freedom syrup and I had mine cold and unsweetened, reminds me a bit of a Muller Rice that way.

Mood - a little better than it has been the last few days. I seem to be up and down, I guess everyone feels like this right now. Some days I can take on the world, some days I'm convinced we're all doomed. Facts of the matter are, what happens, happens. Things are out of our control, all we can do is be accountable for our own behaviours and try very hard not to die. In the meantime, all I can do is clean and cook because it's the only time I feel in control of anything right now.

Tomorrows plans for the bank holiday weekend - ooooh brace yourselves. Bathroom cleaning! Curry cooking! Steam mopping! And if I'm very, very lucky? Fridge cleaning! It really doesn't get much better, does it? It really doesn't...

Comments