Easing Lockdown?

The First Minister has just announced that we are still under lockdown for a further three weeks - suits me just fine, thank you - and that from Monday, there will be some minor adjustments. We can exercise more than once a day - sod off, Drakeford, once a day is too much imho. Garden centres will be allowed to reopen - ours never shut... and local authorities can plan to reopen libraries (my librarian friend is fuming!) and recycling centres.

The only thing that I'm pleased about here is the recycling centres. I do have some rubbish, mainly garden rubbish that needs to go. Some old clothes not good enough to donate to charity. But I won't be rushing there and queuing up to dispose of them.


Really enjoyed last night's tea - Recipe Tin Eats Chicken Doner again. I can't rate this highly enough, it's still not the Chicken Doner I know and love from the kebab shop, but it is still one of my absolute favourites. I do need to invest in some metal skewers though, because the meat is a bugger to get off the wooden skewers once cooked. Or, re-invest, I should say. I did have a load, and they have mysteriously disappeared through the years, no doubt in the name of DIY (Mr G!).

My final two deliveries were made yesterday and both my friends were really touched by the gesture. They were a complete surprise. Here's one in pride of place with its sibling bought many years ago now! Love and Health, side by side. I hope it works as well for them both as the love one clearly has.


We went out for another walk yesterday morning, we both wet the bed as we were out of the house by 8 am. We did the Belgian Prom walk, but did it the reverse way this time, started off at the kissing gate and walked past the rugby club, as Mr G needed to drop his repeat in at the chemist. We took a load of photographs again. I don't know why we do it, we must have photographs in the thousands of that walk, taken over the years, but I never tire of taking them down there?

It felt different down there, though. Whether it's just that we're romanticising things a bit now in lockdown, I don't know. But you could smell the sea. The leaves looked vivid. There was a carpet of bluebells and I could smell them as we walked past. All you could hear above the silence was bird song, due to the lack of traffic. At that time of the morning, you would usually have works, school and college traffic. We saw bunnies running wild in Church Island, and we even saw a swan on the Menai Straits. No squirrels yesterday though.








We saw people down there that we hadn't seen in years, and two separate people told me that they hadn't recognised me because I'd lost so much weight. That was really nice, because even though there is an obvious difference, nearly six and a half stone down, I don't really see it myself. Probably because I see myself daily. It's when I look at photographs I see the difference.

We managed to cut the front garden and trim the hedges which sprouted up after the rainfall we had last week. Filled the green bin up before it was emptied today. We need to tackle the back hedges, which are out of control (and not even ours!) but that's going to take some time. 

Lunch today was the simple garlic mushroom risotto from Pinch of Nom website. Really filling, free food, and again I used a tin of mushrooms that I'd bought as a just in case. I think they lend themselves to the dish really well, as they stay intact and don't break up. I know they're not everyone's cup of tea, but they're handy to have in and better than nothing.


And tonight... a total surprise... Mr G announced just then that he is cooking for me. We were meant to be having pulled pork but dopey-chops here forgot to take the pork shoulder out last night. So, we are switching that to tomorrow, forgoing the SW competition as I really didn't fancy anything in the current (only) magazine that we have. He is doing his signature dish, the Chubby Cubs Tandoori chicken burger. I can't wait :-) 

Tomorrow we will do some more garden work, have a parcel arriving with a little treat for Mr G early in the morning ;-)

Comments