Shawarma

Bit of a weird weekend, this one. The usual up and down that my life has become lately, or rather down and up. All my plans for yesterday went out of the window and I was told very firmly to 'just bloody sit down and rest your knee'. And so I did. All day. I didn't do any housework, I didn't even cook properly, just bunged some chicken in the oven for us all to have with salad and wraps. It drove me bonkers. And lo and behold, by today, my knee was better. I half expected it to have started hurting again by now, after such an active day, but no, so far, so good. I need to learn to slow down and listen to my body, so the next time it occurs, I'm just going to rest and relax until it's better. Losing a few days being 'lazy' is better than losing well over a week of my life in pain, right? You can't pour from an empty cup, after all.

So today, I did all the chores I ignored yesterday, cleaned and mopped the bathroom, hoovered upstairs and down the stairs (so much easier with my Shark! I'm a little in love with it) and polished my bedroom. Mr G hoovered and mopped downstairs while I had a nice hot bath, with a bath bomb, and an oatmeal face mask. My skin is so soft now.

Then I made a nice BLT pasta salad for lunch and because I had chicken breast to use that I didn't cook yesterday, we put Mr G's pie on hold until tomorrow, and tonight we had Chicken Shawarma with salad and avocado. I use the recipe from The Iron You (which you can find here). The only alteration I make is using one tablespoon of olive oil (to save on syns - and it's ample if you have a decent non stick pan). The avocado mayonnaise in the recipe is also to die for, but I didn't make it today.

The Iron You's Chicken Shawarma

BLT pasta salad  

We weighed in this morning and inexplicably both lost weight this week, I lost a pound and Mr G lost one and a half. We're not really fussing about weight loss at the moment, as long as we stay there or thereabouts while everything is so up in the air, that's all that matters right now.

And something is driving me mad today, no, not Mr G, for once. A song has been haunting me from the moment I woke up this morning. Remember the pop group Hear'say? Yeah. Their debut single Pure and Simple. If I'd heard it recently, or seen something about them online, I'd understand. But it is in my head, and it won't leave. Sometimes they say that song lyrics are signs... but I'm not quite sure what those lyrics would be a sign of? Most odd.

Tonight we will do our meal planning and shopping list for the week ahead, everything is looking pretty bare right now, I've managed to run the freezers right down. My concern is, when this second wave hits, will it trigger off a huge mass of panic buying again? It's bound to, isn't it?

And in other news, I finally deactivated Facebook. And I feel like a weight has been lifted from my shoulders. I know that I am far more productive without it, it was starting to impact on my mental health. I know that without Facebook, I read more, I write more, I do more. Now I don't have to be privy to the huge political gulf between my friends and I, I don't have to witness people blindly defending the indefensible, I don't have to feel rage at the sheer hypocrisy of those who are posting and sharing articles about staying safe and what the rules are, and then blatantly flouting those same rules themselves.

And... breathe :-)

Comments