Weird and Wonderful

Had a lovely but tiring day yesterday. I don't think I was this exhausted after Christmas shopping. We set out at nine and the first thing we noticed was the level of traffic, especially on the road between St Asaph and Mold, as we always take a route away from the A55. It's usually a Sunday, or very rarely a Saturday when we usually go to Wrexham. We arrived and parking appeared to be free at Eagles Meadow, we used the toilets, which were spotlessly clean as always, and there were far fewer available, having been locked from the outside. The same for the sinks, the ones to use were spaced apart.

Had a wander up into town, found a lovely New Age shop (Steve and Adam also found the butcher's market pie stall - it wasn't lost or anything, but there we go, it was found). Cait and I had a browse, and she saw a lovely hippie hoodie that she liked, so I bought it for her as part of her 18th birthday present. We then went to Everland, I went in and ordered our food, and went back to the car.


I know it's not the prettiest of pictures, but it was balanced on my lap and I didn't want to spill red hot gravy over my foof.

We went to Iceland Food Warehouse and Poundland to get some bits, as both have much more variety than the ones in Bangor. It started chucking it down and we decided to go home.

Observations. Shops were very prepared, all had hand gel, tissue, some even had packs of masks, fair play to them. Some people wore masks, some didn't. It's a personal choice at the end of the day. But it was the volume of people out and about that I couldn't get over. Either way, it was a nice break from the old routine but as Mr G said, it didn't feel right being out, going into shops, it just felt weird. It was normal but not normal. Our new normal. I don't think I like it very much.

Either way, had a lovely day with two of the children, and it was such a laugh in parts. As we were driving in, the boy popped in between Mr G and I and said...

Boy: Dad...

Mr G: What.

Boy: You know what I've noticed?

Mr G: What.

Boy: Do you know who you look like? From like, the nose up anyway. The nose and eyes.

Mr G: Who?

Boy: Neil Warnock. You know, the ex Cardiff City manager. The angry one.

Me: *crying inside trying not to laugh*

Mr G: P*ss off.

Boy: What? It's a compliment. He's a football manager.

Mr G: Yeah, an ugly one.

Boy: He's not ugly. He has got better hair than you, though...

And on the way home, on the road between Mold and St Asaph, we managed to get stuck behind some vehicle carrying some sort of animal, I don't know, a horse maybe, I'm not sure. All of a sudden...

Mr G: Errrrrr, the dirty...

Me: What.

Mr G: Look!

He nods at the trailer and as it's weaving along the country roads, there's brown liquid sloshing out of the back. Sometimes on the left side, sometimes on the right, and it's spraying all over the car. Windscreen wipers are going at full pelt, Mr G is muttering 'dirty b***ards' 'Not again, how many have they got in there? It can't be p*ssing and sh*tting that much, surely?'. It was like being in the motorhome with Max and Paddy with the pig.

Mr G: Well. That just about sums up my day, doesn't it? First I get called a Poundland Neil Warnock, and then my car gets covered in sh*t. I've got go faster stripes now, down the sides of my car, composed of sh*t and p*ss. Great.

I am having major problems with my computer, which doesn't seem to be able to hold onto the internet connection for longer than forty seconds at a time. See? Mercury retrograde. Although... I have looked into it, after a chance comment from an astrologer I follow who said that if you were born under Mercury retrograde, it didn't affect you quite so much. And I checked 1976, and Mercury went retrograde the day before my birth! Maybe that's why I get the electronic issues but no ex boyfriends turning up? In retrospect, I think the ex issue would be easier to handle than having to keep buying new computers. Cheaper, definitely. Either way, I can't blog when it's like this, it wouldn't connect at all last night, I've had to reboot the modem twice in the last hour, and attempt to reconnect about ten times. Might have to be taking Mr G up on his new laptop offer, methinks.

10,000 steps hit again yesterday, 7 days in a row which is unheard of for me. Was in bed for 10.30 pm, woke at 5.30 am, so seemingly I am getting back into some sort of natural routine again. Didn't manage any reading as I was so tired. Back on plan today, had some fruit for breakfast and about to go on the treadmill for a bit before I wake Mr G for his NRL fix. Think it's going to be a lazy day today. Tea is batch cooked and defrosting. I'm tired and achy, it's gloomy outside, so I think it's going to be minimal housework, maximum reading, editing, podcasts, fruit snacks interspersed with short bursts on the treadmill. And a bacon bap for lunch. Sounds like a plan to me. 

Comments