Baltic

It's bloody nippy, isn't it? I won't lie, the heating has been on a couple of times over the last few days.

Tonight's tea was Chubby Cubs Chicken and Chorizo risotto, Mr G did a fine job of stirring it if I do say so myself.


We had some good news earlier today, all being well, and depending on how the R rate goes, our Slimming World group is reopening on the 10th August or thereabouts. I am determined to lose my Covid 10 before I go back, or as near as possible. In saying that...

...if the five mile 'stay local' lockdown is lifted tomorrow, as has been predicted, Mr G and I are going to Wrexham next week. He wants to give the car a run, I want fish and chips, and hopefully we can see our closest friends there - socially distanced, of course. He also wants to go to Wigan to visit his parents grave, as he has missed Mother's Day, his mother's birthday and Father's Day for laying flowers, so hopefully we can do that too, very soon.

Mr G is back at work now, he has a Covid training course tomorrow morning. As for me, I can't believe it's nearly Friday again, I was thinking the same thing last Thursday, about how quickly the previous week had gone.

I'm really flipflopping here. I'm longing for some sort of normality, but still can't help but feel that things are moving too quickly. Pubs are opening up and I'm thinking 'idiots' at those who are chomping at the bit to go out and have a sesh... but in saying that, if a lot of these pubs aren't able to open soon, then they'll probably never open again. It's a delicate juggling act between the economy and people's health, and as the recent Airbus job losses go to show, we are really vulnerable here in North Wales. We were the poor relative anyway, and we have very little now but tourism. So, even though I'm tutting at people booking in where Mr G works, I have to remember that it's the likes of them who are going to be paying his wages. I wouldn't dream of going away anywhere yet, but if everyone thought like me? He might lose his job. It's a bit of a vicious circle this one. Regardless, I'm looking forward to a change of scenery next week, even if only for a couple of hours.

Darts is also starting back - woop!  The World Matchplay starts on the 18th July - so that's something to look forward to. It's being moved to Milton Keynes though, behind closed doors, so it will be interesting to see how the lack of atmosphere fares, because let's face it, it's all about 'Yaya Toure' and 'Sit down in your plastic seats'. I know sometimes, the booing can put some players off, so I wonder if Sky Sports will put crowd noise on for the tournament?

The council emailed yesterday and it looks like the children have one morning back in school on the final week of term, one morning per year group, just to catch up with their friends and teachers before the summer holiday. It's probably not going to be much of a holiday for them this year, poor buggers. Ah well...


I posted this a few months ago. Just seems like a never-ending, uphill slog, doesn't it?

Comments