Freedom...?

Had a good day today, totally on plan. Mr G is back in work tomorrow night, so we switched his steak around to tonight so that he could relax and enjoy it.


We had rump steak, fried onions, mushrooms, jersey new potatoes, mushy peas, salad and a homemade peppercorn and mushroom sauce.

Lunch was a homemade fried rice concoction - and it paid off. Anyone who knows me knows that I like to follow a recipe, need to follow a recipe no matter how many times I've made something. There's probably about five things I am confident in making without a recipe. This was a Hoisin chicken and bacon fried rice and it was lush. I made a huge wok full in the hope that there would be enough to maybe have a bowl for supper. And nope, Mr G and my daughter had a serving and seconds and all that was left was a few grains in the bottom of the wok. Foiled again.


So, the travel restrictions have been lifted from Monday. I can almost taste the fish and chips ;-) (and gravy. Don't judge me). Not sure when we will go yet, Mr G's shifts finish on Tuesday morning and so we can't do anything except on Wednesdays, Thursdays and Fridays for the foreseeable future. We will have to see if/when our friends are available and what day the weather picks up. But I can't wait to be somewhere else other than here. Safely, masked up, and with a shit ton of hand sanitiser, of course.

I have managed to hit 10,000 steps plus over the last two days, but I'm suffering for it today, my bloody knee never fails to remind me just how old I actually am. I have been taking high strength glucosamine which has helped. I'm trying to cultivate some better habits to go along with my renewed commitment to my continuing weight loss (apart from the fish and chips but shhhhhhhhh...) so I'm trying to up my step count, I won't commit to 10,000 steps every day because meh. Who can be arsed, seriously. Every day? Bugger that. But I am trying to be in bed with a coffee by 10.30 pm at night, and then read for an hour before bed, because I've got out of the reading habit lately.

I'm currently reading Moonology by Yasmin Boland and it's been really interesting so far, it's about using the energy of the different moon cycles to manifest and release. Apparently one of the things you do just before a full moon is write a list of people who have wronged you, and you can go as far back as childhood, write their names and all the things they did to you, then you forgive them (this is a condensed version, of course). Then you burn your shit list (safely - in a kitchen sink or something) and this apparently transmutes the energy. I would probably need to take mine outside and burn it in the garden waste burning bin. Be like an old school telephone directory. Hehe.

Comments