Just when you thought it was safe...

Me: Well, this has to be it. Please God, let this be it, now. Surely 2020 cannot get any worse. It has to get better from here on in, right?

2020: Hold my pint...


You can't make it up, can you?

Had a quiet couple of days, did some batch cooking yesterday, Pepsi Max Chicken, Garlic and Lime Balti and Jambalaya. So I don't have to cook for the rest of the week. The boy made tea for him and his siblings tonight, as his cookery lesson which had to be in tomorrow, which was one less job for me. I made a rice pudding in the slow cooker for lunch.


Had an email from 02 earlier, and they've given me 6 months of Disney+ free. Which was nice, but I have been with them for over 17 years so it's about bloody time I got something from them, really. Mr G has watched something with sharks (quelle surprise!) and I watched the Frozen short film while he pretended not to. He's currently watching approximately 3 minutes and 43 seconds of every war documentary on Prime before he decides he doesn't like it and it is seriously getting on my nerves. I've just shouted at him to 'Just bloody watch something!'.

Looking forward to our drive out tomorrow, even though it will be a flying visit, it will be a welcome break from the routine. Two of the kids want to come with us, the two most expensive kids, obviously. But they have been warned that it's not a shopping spree, it's going to be a very long drive, for fish and chips that we will have to eat in the car, possibly a visit to the Food Warehouse, hopefully a short detour home via Borras, and then home. But I think they're stir crazy themselves. For them to willingly want to spend time outside of the house with us shows how limited their possibilities are right now, bless them.

I am 132 steps away from 10,000 today to make it six consecutive days. My right foot hurts, my left knee hurts, I don't know what leg to limp on, and I've got an ibuprofen gel crust on different limbs and joints.

The current book I'm reading is Best Year of Your Life by Debbie Ford. It's a re-read, seeing as it was left on 99% and Amazon informs me that I bought back in 2013, but I don't remember it, and obviously I didn't take anything from it the first time as... nope, 2013 was pretty horrendous. So, I'll try again because God loves a trier. It's only me who could attempt to have the best year of her life during a bloody pandemic, isn't it?

Mr G has just asked Alexa to search 'Fred Dibnah'. Kill me. Now.

Comments