A Grand Day Out!

I was so looking forward to yesterday that nothing, not even the weather was going to dampen my enthusiasm.  We arrived in Wrexham after a smooth car journey.  I pointed out to Mr G on the way in that the Racecourse was within walking distance of the car park and that we could leave our car where we usually park.  We found a space on the ground floor there, as we'd arrived so early (handy for lugging our bags back between shops!) and we saw that it was only £2.20 for the whole day - result! Round the corner to Primark, which had a cracking sale on, Summer stuff too!  Caitlin had a bikini for £2.  Nothing for me though, again... my bikini days are long gone. 


Wandered down to Eagles Meadow for a spot of lunch - Nandos!  Which was bloody lovely.  Cait and Adam had never had it before, so opted for medium with the garlic sauce.  Mr G had hot, I had extra hot with the black sauce #likeaboss.  Ryan sat there watching us, being fed stray chips, I bet we looked terrible stuffing our faces in front of him, but - he didn't want food there so ate beforehand.  He's the only one in the house that doesn't like spicy.   The food was absolutely spot on though.  We were seated immediately, served within seconds and the food arrived within ten minutes.  The Peri Chips were a huge hit.  Only downside is that it's a tad pricey. But as a one off treat it's not so bad.  We're only here once, and as they say, there's no pockets in a shroud.  Although, as a Wiganer, Mr G is working on a prototype.

How Much!!!

Especially when your kids eat adult meals...

... like this...

We were already soaked by the time we reached Nandos and the rain showed no sign of letting up.  We walked slowly back to the car to drop our bags off, then off for the brief five to ten minute walk down to the Racecourse (five - Mr G and eldest, ten - Adam and myself.  Little legs...).  My legs are so short, my trouser legs so long that they were soaking water up from the wet pavements like litmus paper.  I was soaked up to my knees by the time we arrived!  


We paid for our tickets, under 9's go free, and found our seats.  It was a nice ground.  All the fans sat together, but there was no trouble.  We sat halfway up, under cover, and had a great view.



I was so engrossed in the match that I was shocked when a voice announced on the tannoy that there was only five minutes left of the first half.  I watch most televised Super League matches with Mr G (like I have a choice in the matter...) but watching it live, even if two leagues lower, was such a buzz.


Unfortunately Crusaders lost but it didn't detract from the experience.


I knew I would enjoy it but I didn't think I'd enjoy it so much that when they announced they were at home again against Gloucester next Sunday, and Caitlin turned to me and said 'Mum, please can we come next week?' that I'd had the same thought.  Mr G made three who was up for a return visit this weekend :-)  Ryan didn't appreciate it and looked bored the whole time.  Adam enjoyed it but he doesn't want to come either, so Mum said she'll babysit them while we go.  We've looked into the cost of a family season ticket for next season and it's definitely do-able, and work out a lot cheaper too.  So hopefully we'll have better weather this Sunday, but lesson learned, this week I won't be wearing flip flops. 

She says...

Famous last words...

Comments